cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Issues Linking Child's Stadia Account to Bungie Cross-Save

Getting a 403 error if I'm already logged into his google account when trying. Or I get "Couldn't sign you in, looks like your google account can't go there".

Tested:

1. Multiple Browsers
  2. Incognito Mode
  3. Disabled all the possible limitations on my son's child account (through family link)
  4. Disabled all the possible limitations on my son's Stadia account (through stadia families)

I want to be able to play Stadia with him so we can play Destiny together, which is his favorite game of all time. Please help me make his dream come true. Please help me fix this account linking.

2 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Member

I'm having this same problem. I've reached out to Google, to Bungie and now Stadia. When I log into Bungie and attempt to link Stadia account for Cross Save, I get an error.His google account is part of a Family Group via Google Family Link. Stadia was activated successfully via his google account, meaning the 16 digit code activated and he's able to play Red Dead, etc. I did not let him play Destiny 2 on his Stadia b/c you have to complete Cross Save before you play if you want your characters brought over. I go to Bungie.net, log in, then click Cross Save. On the screen "Authenticate to Cross Save" it clearly shows PS4 is authenticated. Issue comes when I click Link Account on the Stadia box. It then asks for his google credentials. I enter his google email, click next, then enter password I get a message "Couldn't Sign You In" and says "Looks like your Google account can't go there." I have all of his permissions granted. Tried clear cache, history, incognito, etc. I'm guessing the issue is due to his account being a 'minor' or child account. Even though I have his permissions/restrictions maxed out. I wish I had created his account as if he were 18 yrs old (he's 11). I'm guessing I'd have no issues had I done that. But I already tied the 16 digit Stadia code to his child account when I set up / activated Stadia...so I can't change that. Also cannot go back and edit his account to change his birth year. I could delete his google account and then redo it with a birth year of 2000 but, again, the Stadia activation code is tied to his current child account and you can't undo that. Tried to lay everything out in these details. Any help related to Cross Save and authentication of a Stadia account would be much appreciated.

Apologies if formatting of message is screwed up. I've copied and pasted this from another forum I posted to on Christmas day.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Same problem! Please advise how to solve.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Ordered a second Stadia, created my 10yr old son a new Google account and made his date of birth as if he's not a minor. And it worked perfectly. So the issue is most certainly tied to youth/minor accounts. The issue I'm having now is Google refuses to give me a refund for the first Stadia I ordered/received for my son's Xmas gift. I've asked them to escalate my case, which they're agreed to do so we'll see. Considering the effort that I put into figuring this out so my son could play, I really think they'll do the right thing. Last, the fact that I ordered another one.....It's essentially an exchange. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

Also having this problem, I don't know why Google cannot ask parent for permission to allow Bungie access the account. Also I would like to be able to decide on a game by game basis to allow games rated older than my child's rating.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Why is there still no fix for this almost 6 months later

1 Kudo
Community Member

I'm beginning to think that Google's Family Controls are broken

0 Kudos
Community Member

Has anyone found a fix/workaround for this yet? I would really like the option to create a Bungie.net account for my son, so he can use the Destiny companion app. Alas, a Family Link email address is a no-go on Bungie, as far as I can tell.

0 Kudos