cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is Stadia online basically LAN

Jump to solution
The more I play Destiny 2 the more I wonder if we play on destiny 2 servers the way they do on other consoles or if we are all linked locally within google own infrastructure like one big local network to reduce lag, anyone know?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member
Yes and no Stadia has hardware in data centre's all over the world and you connect to your local centre, Destiny 2's main servers are at Bungie's data centre's and during pvp/pve the data the client is sending gets relayed through them so doesn't really matter if you have 2 clients on the same network it doesn't improve latency. loading times or anything really, there is some old video's on youtube where the guy goes over how Destiny's 2 servers are setup its an interesting watch.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
2 Replies
Community Member
Yes and no Stadia has hardware in data centre's all over the world and you connect to your local centre, Destiny 2's main servers are at Bungie's data centre's and during pvp/pve the data the client is sending gets relayed through them so doesn't really matter if you have 2 clients on the same network it doesn't improve latency. loading times or anything really, there is some old video's on youtube where the guy goes over how Destiny's 2 servers are setup its an interesting watch.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Ok thanks, I just wondered because remember destiny 2 pvp to be an absolute lag fest on console it seems so much better here which is crazy since we already pinging stadia servers then destiny ones and back or something like that.

0 Kudos