cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is Stadia dead already??

What do you think Guys? I am so disappointed with this Service that I already canceled my subscription. The only reason I would subscribe again is, when Stadia really turns into the advertised "Netflix for Games" with a monthly fee to stream every Game and not to buy old Games for doubled prices......
2 Kudos
41 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Fernspaeher it just sounds like it wasn't for you in the first place. You paid for a controller and a Chromecast, and if you didn't do anything else at all, by this upcoming Saturday you'll have 8 games that have been made available for free. Yes, some are old and the library is small. But dude... It's been 2 months. I'm not sure what you expected. I haven't used the service much to be honest, cuz I don't have a lot of time for games. But it works fine when I use it and I've also bought 5 games in addition to the "free"games. 

The prices are high! I've been saying that since day one. The developers hopefully will eventually start matching the sales they have on other sites. I think (I hope) they will start doing that eventually. I bought 5 games so far but only when they were on Pro discount sales. Mk11 premium for $36 is a good deal, so I bought it. Is it the best deal? I think Greenman Gaming has it right now for $29 or something for PC. So then is it worth the extra $7 I paid to be able to play on my TV, laptop and phone without PC downloads and updates? To me it is. 

I can't rave about how great the service is like some people because like I said, I'm hardly using it. But for $10 a month, which I haven't even had to start paying yet, it's worth it for me to get a couple free games and a good deal once in a while. I think it's going to be better when they finally start adding new games, and I think if you stick around or if you cancel and come back to it later you'll probably like it more when there's more stuff. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Giving Pro Games from the current catalogue also seems badly thought out as a lot of people have purchased them already. Especially as everyone is a Pro member at the moment!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Maybe an intended benefit of being an early adopter?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

whats going on next week?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I agree with that. I really like being able to play games instantly with no downloads and the quality is also excellent. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I am not at all disappointed with Stadia. That's simply because I am not comparing it to steam or my Nvidia Shield. For me, it fits perfectly into my gaming life as I can play stadia on one TV ( I have to 55's side by side in living room) and my son can stream nvidia shield TV/Steam on the other one.

The mobility and on the fly usage is fantastic and it's only going to get better. I like seeing the improvements. 

¸¸.•*¨ What you walk by is the standard you accept¸¸.•*¨*•
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm using my ps4 again and I'm going to come back to stadia if they release some good game like fortnite 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

you ok dude ? you seem to complain a lot. you either have the service or not no one is forcing you to have it if your not happy i do recommend trying getting a console or selling your stadia then.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Muhammad good game and fortnite do not go hand in hand.

Good games are like

Doom eternal

Spiderman

GTA

Red dead Redemption 2

Fortnite ain't one of them

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

1, Stadia was never meant to be "Netflix for games". 

2, Speaking as a new member who is sick of yearly PC upgrades (only to play the same game my PC ran 4 years ago, ie Ark) I've found Stadia a welcome breath of fresh air.

As far as money goes (you mentioned overpriced games) I just bought Xenoverse 2, FFXV and Assassin's Creed Odyssey with Season Pass for the grand total of £63 for all 3, far cheaper than on any other platform (steam for PC, PlayStation etc.) and other games that are full prices Red Dead Redemption etc, all line up with PC prices. 

With the release of new games coming slowly but surely, this is a platform that can only grow, especially when games like Baldurs Gate 3, and Cyberpunk 2077 hit the platform. 

If I could go back in time and buy the founders edition last year instead of a Nvidia 2080 gpu and 2 tb M.2 drive for my pc (for a little over £1000) and put the money into a top shelf TV and games for Stadia, I'd do it in a heartbeat (I remember buying my 1080 ti, thinking "this is costing me £700, but at least it'll last me a few years), the money I've spent on pc upgrades over the years is insane, as soon as the stadia catalogue gets bigger and better it'll take its rightful place as the future of gaming.

PS, The only downside to Stadia is the lack of mouse and keyboard support for chromecast.

Add me on Stadia ClassicRando#6222

Tags (1)
3 Kudos