cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is Stadia dead already??

What do you think Guys? I am so disappointed with this Service that I already canceled my subscription. The only reason I would subscribe again is, when Stadia really turns into the advertised "Netflix for Games" with a monthly fee to stream every Game and not to buy old Games for doubled prices......
2 Kudos
41 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I can still log in and play the games I bought and claimed as part of Pro membership, so I'm pretty sure it's not dead 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia is working great for me.  I like being able to play the same game on either a PC or on the TV depending on what I want to get out of it (or if the TV is free in my busy household!). No messing with settings, no long downloads, and I am amazed at the performance.

Would always be nice to have more free games, but to be honest I don't have time to play them all anyway, maybe just have a bit more diversity (would love a driving game). Even Farming Simulator has its place, my daughters love to drive round the town, easy gaming for them 🙂

I don't know why Google hasn't cooked up a couple of arcade classics to play, Space Invaders anyone?

What I don't understand is why much of the tech press seems out to get Stadia.  Before it was launched, it was all "the lag will be awful" now lag is just not an issue (if you have a good internet connection) they seems to be looking for anything else to moan about. Maybe they are worried if everyone can play things without fuss people wont need reviews of the latest graphics cards etc? *Shrug*

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

The issue is that Google destroys Titan RTX. And he sends you a piece of plastic as a controller that after 20 days is defective. Not everything does well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It’s probably the most melodramatic thread title ever... Personally think Stadia is awesome. It needs some more games to attract more users for sure - but two months in to a new platform and I have had no issues and never get a problem matching on things like Destiny...
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I certainly do not think Stadia is dead, I do not even think that Stadia is anywhere close to being dead. 

From a personal point of view, I love Stadia, I am really enjoying the platform. I have plenty games to play currently and I am sure that library will increase on the near future. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Very vague timescales on upcoming features and games so cancelled pro. .Nice to play purchased games on laptop and TV but keep drifting back to my pc for online games.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

To be honest: I think it hasn't even started! The potential is huge, the content currently available runs absolutely smooth and perfect (for me). Yes, the communication could be better atm, yes there could be more player on the platform for Multiplayer gaming and yes the library could be broader. BUT as said, if you keep in mind that Stadia is currently only available for Pro subscriber and only a small portion of the planned functions and games are available - Stadia will be huge by the end of 2020. There's no guarantee for sure, but I personally absolutely believe in the product and what they have achieved so far with the platform.
---
Stadia in-game: bFudg3
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I imagine that everyone here is playing 4K HDR 60 fps in our chromecast and our 55 "+ TV and without restrictions in Home.

RIGHT?

Have you seen those graphics?

I recently bought Xenoverse 2 and watching Kakarot on PS4 comparing with Stadia Xenoverse I almost feel bad about them.

Hopefully Google can serve more countries and more devices ... for the world to see what this new tech can do.

Despite having the entire catalog on PC I am buying back the games ... because with Stadia a games has multiplatforms ...but, and then this Stadia ...the  excellence.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Playing on 49" 4k TV and it does look good but not £8.99 a month better on pc or laptop. Can't use on my android phone either. Funny thing is that they announced Elder Scrolls Online so I remembered I had it on Steam and now happily playing it as a plus member for £8.99

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Sorry to say, but most of the comments here sound like, if they come from Google employees 😂 I payed 130 Euro for a Controller and a Chromecast and can only play at home because I don't own a Google mobile Phone The Games are bloody old and double the price if I buy it on steam or elsewhere Sorry Guys I think I am not a Google Fanboy enough for this I recon at the end of the year you will speak about stadia like about Google Glass.....
0 Kudos