cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is Stadia dead already??

What do you think Guys? I am so disappointed with this Service that I already canceled my subscription. The only reason I would subscribe again is, when Stadia really turns into the advertised "Netflix for Games" with a monthly fee to stream every Game and not to buy old Games for doubled prices......
4 Kudos
52 Replies
Community Member

To be honest: I think it hasn't even started! The potential is huge, the content currently available runs absolutely smooth and perfect (for me). Yes, the communication could be better atm, yes there could be more player on the platform for Multiplayer gaming and yes the library could be broader. BUT as said, if you keep in mind that Stadia is currently only available for Pro subscriber and only a small portion of the planned functions and games are available - Stadia will be huge by the end of 2020. There's no guarantee for sure, but I personally absolutely believe in the product and what they have achieved so far with the platform.
---
Stadia in-game: bFudg3
1 Kudo
Community Member

I imagine that everyone here is playing 4K HDR 60 fps in our chromecast and our 55 "+ TV and without restrictions in Home.

RIGHT?

Have you seen those graphics?

I recently bought Xenoverse 2 and watching Kakarot on PS4 comparing with Stadia Xenoverse I almost feel bad about them.

Hopefully Google can serve more countries and more devices ... for the world to see what this new tech can do.

Despite having the entire catalog on PC I am buying back the games ... because with Stadia a games has multiplatforms ...but, and then this Stadia ...the  excellence.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Playing on 49" 4k TV and it does look good but not £8.99 a month better on pc or laptop. Can't use on my android phone either. Funny thing is that they announced Elder Scrolls Online so I remembered I had it on Steam and now happily playing it as a plus member for £8.99

1 Kudo
Community Member

Sorry to say, but most of the comments here sound like, if they come from Google employees 😂 I payed 130 Euro for a Controller and a Chromecast and can only play at home because I don't own a Google mobile Phone The Games are bloody old and double the price if I buy it on steam or elsewhere Sorry Guys I think I am not a Google Fanboy enough for this I recon at the end of the year you will speak about stadia like about Google Glass.....
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Fernspaeher it just sounds like it wasn't for you in the first place. You paid for a controller and a Chromecast, and if you didn't do anything else at all, by this upcoming Saturday you'll have 8 games that have been made available for free. Yes, some are old and the library is small. But dude... It's been 2 months. I'm not sure what you expected. I haven't used the service much to be honest, cuz I don't have a lot of time for games. But it works fine when I use it and I've also bought 5 games in addition to the "free"games. 

The prices are high! I've been saying that since day one. The developers hopefully will eventually start matching the sales they have on other sites. I think (I hope) they will start doing that eventually. I bought 5 games so far but only when they were on Pro discount sales. Mk11 premium for $36 is a good deal, so I bought it. Is it the best deal? I think Greenman Gaming has it right now for $29 or something for PC. So then is it worth the extra $7 I paid to be able to play on my TV, laptop and phone without PC downloads and updates? To me it is. 

I can't rave about how great the service is like some people because like I said, I'm hardly using it. But for $10 a month, which I haven't even had to start paying yet, it's worth it for me to get a couple free games and a good deal once in a while. I think it's going to be better when they finally start adding new games, and I think if you stick around or if you cancel and come back to it later you'll probably like it more when there's more stuff. 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Giving Pro Games from the current catalogue also seems badly thought out as a lot of people have purchased them already. Especially as everyone is a Pro member at the moment!

1 Kudo
Community Member

Maybe an intended benefit of being an early adopter?
1 Kudo
Community Member

really ? well you really know the community very well dont  you lol

1 Kudo
Community Member

whats going on next week?

1 Kudo
Community Member

I am not at all disappointed with Stadia. That's simply because I am not comparing it to steam or my Nvidia Shield. For me, it fits perfectly into my gaming life as I can play stadia on one TV ( I have to 55's side by side in living room) and my son can stream nvidia shield TV/Steam on the other one.

The mobility and on the fly usage is fantastic and it's only going to get better. I like seeing the improvements. 

¸¸.•*¨ What you walk by is the standard you accept¸¸.•*¨*•
1 Kudo
Community Member

I'm using my ps4 again and I'm going to come back to stadia if they release some good game like fortnite 

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Muhammad good game and fortnite do not go hand in hand.

Good games are like

Doom eternal

Spiderman

GTA

Red dead Redemption 2

Fortnite ain't one of them

3 Kudos
Community Member

you ok dude ? you seem to complain a lot. you either have the service or not no one is forcing you to have it if your not happy i do recommend trying getting a console or selling your stadia then.

2 Kudos
Community Member

1, Stadia was never meant to be "Netflix for games". 

2, Speaking as a new member who is sick of yearly PC upgrades (only to play the same game my PC ran 4 years ago, ie Ark) I've found Stadia a welcome breath of fresh air.

As far as money goes (you mentioned overpriced games) I just bought Xenoverse 2, FFXV and Assassin's Creed Odyssey with Season Pass for the grand total of £63 for all 3, far cheaper than on any other platform (steam for PC, PlayStation etc.) and other games that are full prices Red Dead Redemption etc, all line up with PC prices. 

With the release of new games coming slowly but surely, this is a platform that can only grow, especially when games like Baldurs Gate 3, and Cyberpunk 2077 hit the platform. 

If I could go back in time and buy the founders edition last year instead of a Nvidia 2080 gpu and 2 tb M.2 drive for my pc (for a little over £1000) and put the money into a top shelf TV and games for Stadia, I'd do it in a heartbeat (I remember buying my 1080 ti, thinking "this is costing me £700, but at least it'll last me a few years), the money I've spent on pc upgrades over the years is insane, as soon as the stadia catalogue gets bigger and better it'll take its rightful place as the future of gaming.

PS, The only downside to Stadia is the lack of mouse and keyboard support for chromecast.

Add me on Stadia ClassicRando#6222

Tags (1)
4 Kudos
Community Member

The catalogue is growing, the Stadia team is hitting a lot of sweet spots with features, sales, and announcements...

Giving away 2 months of Pro for free was a pretty big deal, I didn't see Microsoft or Sony do that. I've been a Pro subscriber since day one, and will continue to be. Very happy with it so far, even though I spend most of my time on PS4. In fact I have two PS4 Pros, two Xbox Ones (one S one X), a gaming Laptop, a gaming desktop pc, 3DS, Vita.... and Stadia still has a very useful place in my gaming life. 

CookieMcCrumble on Stadia, PSN, XBL, Steam, uPlay, Origin.
1 Kudo
Community Member

el-sexto-sentido-nino-lnd_original_imagen

😂

2 Kudos
Community Member

I've been enjoying the free 2 months of Stadia Pro so far and like the service too. And been enjoying the games like Serious Sam Collection and Panzer Dragoon etc. And now subscribe to Pro because I like the pro games on the Stadia service. I used to be a console player and now shifted to cloud gaming as I don't want the hassle of downloading games and Installing game updates every time. I just want to play straight away and love playing on my laptop with my Bluetooth controller and on my Android tablet via the Stadia app 🙂 

4 Kudos
Community Member

Dead. I just cancelled after the free months were up. For the monthly price they need hundreds of new games available for no charge. I don't pay Steam for games that i have to buy. And there are free games on Steam as is. The Stadia business model makes no sense until they have a few hundred triple A games in the subscription price.

XBox game pass is much better deal and allows me to play on consoles or computer. Without the horrid video lag.

I'm on a gigabit internet and I can't imagine how much Stadia sux on a slower connection.

1 Kudo
Community Member

You don't pay Steam but you bought your gaming computer...

2 Kudos
Community Member

Haha, its your connection. Dont know if the Problem is a 2.4ghz wlan or lag Spikes but the greatest lie about stadia is, that it has a high input lag 🤦‍♂️

There is no lag and u can play shooter like pubg or the division 2 very well (i think its the KI behind the scence)

Stadia isnt dead, but at this point no fear for Sony of Microsoft. 

Destiny 2 is the best exampel - get stadia get destiny2 - get 1080p, get Bad graphic in compare to midrange PC 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 Kudos
Community Member

I love Stadia currently. Works great for me.

I think some of these naysayers are really just MS paid.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Not an MS shill.

I own a Pixel 3a, have been Android since the HTC G1, Chromebook user, etc.

Stadia has not convinced me to move away from PC. It's business model is not compelling.

Nobody *should* want to have to buy into a closed ecosystem where you don't own your games (you lease them virtually) and you lose it all should Google decide it's not in their interest to continue the service.

Nobody *should* want to buy years old games at launch date prices, or have to re-buy a game they already own at full price.

Nobody *should* want to buy into a system that does not embrace cross play across multiple platforms.

I own a PC, i own Steam. I get old games on sale all the time. Why would i pay full price for games years old already? The hope was it would play out like Netflix or a Gamepass, pay a monthly fee and play from a catalogue any game at any time. This is not the model they decided to follow, thus i have no intention of signing up for this service given all the continuing issues that plague the service at this time.

The day Google throws in the towel and goes to the Netflix model, i would spend the money. But until then.. nada.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm pretty disappointed with Stadia to be honest. 

I'm a very casual gamer, only a few games really pull me away from work. I have bought and sold an xbox one about 4 times now, as i just can't justify the console cost given how much I can play. 

So I thought Stadia was the answer to my problems. 

But here we are...

Games with no release dates or delayed-release dates - What is point in instant on, if i have to wait 6 months for a game to be released. (Destroy all humans being that example here)

Indie games - soo many indie games.. these may be great for some players, but they are not my cup of tea. 

Prices - I really can't help but cringe at the prices! They are horrendous!!! 

That is my thoughts. I'll keep my sub up for a but , but i reckon when XCloud is released in full i will be making the move over

1 Kudo