cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Is Stadia dead already??

What do you think Guys? I am so disappointed with this Service that I already canceled my subscription. The only reason I would subscribe again is, when Stadia really turns into the advertised "Netflix for Games" with a monthly fee to stream every Game and not to buy old Games for doubled prices......
2 Kudos
41 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Fernspaeher Google never advertised that. Andrey Doronichev, Stadia’s Director of Product, told a reddit AMA that Stadia’s Pro service is not trying to be Netflix for games. "To be clear, Stadia Pro is not “Netflix for Games”".
8 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Fernspaeher My subscription is staying active. They haven't advertised themselves as the Netflix for games and I've been perfectly happy playing the games that are currently available. I wouldn't even touch new games if they were to release because I'm still playing the ones I've already purchased.

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
6 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I think there needs to be more options and far more just released titles to attract more users. That said, I’ve bought two games and got 6 free....so I’ve currently got too much to play personally,..just totally get it’s not enough for others.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I wouldn‘t say it‘s dead. Google is recently bought a developer studio and promised us in the first half of the year 10 exclusives.

But it‘s off to a slow start. One of the reason for that is, that many AAA title, which should also arrived on Stadia like Doom Eternal or WD3 got delayed. Actually there are only a few games, which arrived on other platforms since Stadia launched. 

Besides the games major features are still missing, but keep in mind, we are talking about a service which launched only two month ago. They implement some features before christmas but generally those things take time.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Not for me ... I have 10 games and waiting for February. My subscription continues.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

It's not dead, but it's not really born. I hope it doesn't take 9 month to get born.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

For me, Stadia is far from dead.

It has cost me less than renovating my PC, less than an Xbox and less than a Playstation, and in return I can play with a quality I never enjoyed before. So... my subscription continues.

Use my name and add me to your friend list!
6 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Looks Like only one or two persons are working for the project at Google. Really disappointing, that they dont release any news anymore

it would be better if at least they said what they were working on

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia is not dead.

But thanks to Google and the complete silence (I mean 35+ days without any official announcement) I just will not invest any fresh money into it.

Feels like Google got scared and released the platform way before things where actually in place and ready

( worked "well" first two month but after that there where no more existing plan ready.)

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
1 Kudo