cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is Stadia dead already??

What do you think Guys? I am so disappointed with this Service that I already canceled my subscription. The only reason I would subscribe again is, when Stadia really turns into the advertised "Netflix for Games" with a monthly fee to stream every Game and not to buy old Games for doubled prices......
6 Kudos
58 Replies
Community Member

@Fernspaeher Google never advertised that. Andrey Doronichev, Stadia’s Director of Product, told a reddit AMA that Stadia’s Pro service is not trying to be Netflix for games. "To be clear, Stadia Pro is not “Netflix for Games”".
12 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Fernspaeher My subscription is staying active. They haven't advertised themselves as the Netflix for games and I've been perfectly happy playing the games that are currently available. I wouldn't even touch new games if they were to release because I'm still playing the ones I've already purchased.

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
9 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I think there needs to be more options and far more just released titles to attract more users. That said, I’ve bought two games and got 6 free....so I’ve currently got too much to play personally,..just totally get it’s not enough for others.

4 Kudos
Community Member

I wouldn‘t say it‘s dead. Google is recently bought a developer studio and promised us in the first half of the year 10 exclusives.

But it‘s off to a slow start. One of the reason for that is, that many AAA title, which should also arrived on Stadia like Doom Eternal or WD3 got delayed. Actually there are only a few games, which arrived on other platforms since Stadia launched. 

Besides the games major features are still missing, but keep in mind, we are talking about a service which launched only two month ago. They implement some features before christmas but generally those things take time.

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Not for me ... I have 10 games and waiting for February. My subscription continues.
2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

It's not dead, but it's not really born. I hope it doesn't take 9 month to get born.

3 Kudos
Community Member

For me, Stadia is far from dead.

It has cost me less than renovating my PC, less than an Xbox and less than a Playstation, and in return I can play with a quality I never enjoyed before. So... my subscription continues.

Use my name and add me to your friend list!
10 Kudos
Community Member

Looks Like only one or two persons are working for the project at Google. Really disappointing, that they dont release any news anymore

it would be better if at least they said what they were working on

2 Kudos
Community Member

I agree with that. I really like being able to play games instantly with no downloads and the quality is also excellent. 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia is not dead.

But thanks to Google and the complete silence (I mean 35+ days without any official announcement) I just will not invest any fresh money into it.

Feels like Google got scared and released the platform way before things where actually in place and ready

( worked "well" first two month but after that there where no more existing plan ready.)

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
3 Kudos
Community Member

@Nightcrow  10 ago they posted an announcement with a roadmap: https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/Stadia-in-the-New-Year/ba-p/13027

Yes there are no concrete game announcement right now, but in general the year 2020 start very slowly gaming wise with some more delays on the former spring highlights like Cyberpunk or FF7.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Not dead for me at all, I use mine pretty much daily. Yes, it is progressing slower than would be ideal, and communication in somewhat lacking, but I still feel optimistic about the future. 

CookieMcCrumble on Stadia, PSN, XBL, Steam, uPlay, Origin.
1 Kudo
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Not dead at all, like someone else said it's not even born yet because people can't accept change so easily but once they try first hand and see they may be able to get it and wonder why they need a big ass noisy console or PC and downloads, it's super convenient and that's the way the world is going to go.

1 Kudo
Community Member

"cant handle change" dude i'll take a noisey ass console over somthing that gives me frame rate drops and makes me buy the games i already own and somtimes for more money and less performance. great idea on the bord but greed took over. 

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Does Stadia control the price? I thought it was the developers. Stadia is not a game publisher. It's just the marketer. They figure out the best method for advertising and delivering the product. Right?

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

and yet your still here lmao

0 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia is not Dead yet, but there’s on the other hand no indication that things will change for the better in the coming months. They promised us 10 exclusive games within the first 6 months but so far we know nothing. Could be small Indie games of big AAA games. Nobody knows and that’s the main problem. And to the guy who said there was almost not any games coming out on the other platforms either. That’s just lack of knowledge. Beside all the small I die games there has been over 80 games hitting the market since November for the other platforms. Go to Ganeinsider at you can find list of all the games.
Veteran gamer
2 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia is not dead and it looks like even though it's going really slow as far as getting all of its features up and running, it's not going to die any time soon. Google/YouTube just signed a multi-year contract with Activision Blizzard this week for e-sports and gaming. They didn't directly related it to Stadia, but it's definitely directly related to Stadia! It leads right into the bigger concepts of Stadia and the YouTube gaming and sports functionality that's supposed to be part of Stadia's future. 

Games are coming, the in-house gaming studio is being created, and deals are still being made. Also... Why would anyone cancel Stadia now? Even if you started your 3 month membership on day one, you've still got basically one month left that you paid for when you bought your founder's or premiere edition. They're about to release the February pro games in a couple of days. If it's TRUE that you cancelled, that tells me no matter what happens, you probably weren't going to enjoy Stadia anyway. 

It's been 2 months and people are acting like it's been 2 years. I hate waiting too, cuz I want it to be great immediately! But we have to be realistic. And as others have said already, they never promised a Netflix of gaming. They actually stated exactly the opposite of that. The people who didn't really listen to what Stadia was supposed to be are the ones who are most disappointed, because they had expectations that weren't real.

7 Kudos
Community Member

@Fernspaeher I'm still playing, going strong, still on it daily. N it's currently my only "platform" I don't own any other console nor a PC (Literally why I signed up for Stadia. I'm personally one of those people who is just looking for convenience, as I am not a hardcore gamer and so this works for me. Whenever I have those few minutes to waste on video games I just hop on Stadia no bulls***. N with personal experiences, I can tell you right now, no other console or PC has EVER provided me with this experience, right out the box I was able to play. No DL BS, no "installing" bs when I have a physical disc. Just no more BS period)

I could care less about mind blowing graphics either (because that's one thing where people will hate on games graphically then praise others that are 2d have zero graphics but just have good gameplay) in other words I don't need this 50000000000000$ Master race PC or any of that to make my game have this all so amazing realistic ultra high max setting graphics, all I care about is the gameplay.

This is why stadia works for me, why I'm still supporting it ,why I'm a founder, n why my sub will never expire (as in I'm keeping my auto pay on as long as stadia lives) it hasn't let me down yet. N unlike MANY other people that want to complain. I was there for it all (founder) and Google never once lied to anyone about what they were selling.

I member even during founders phase they TOLD PEOPLE if you're not interested in SUPPORTING THE IDEA (same as a Kickstarter or a game in EA on steam) wait for it to come out to the PUBLIC in 2020. n what do u have? PLENTY of people crying about missing features this missing features that, oh they lied. Etc

When they literally did none of the above. N people want to get upset because of their own impulsive buying? Without doing research on things etc.?

The product itself (streaming content flawlessly) WORKS. That's all that matters. Everything else (same with EA games and all that, the FEATURES keep getting added, the game keeps getting updated till it reaches full release etc.)WILL F***EN COME WITH TIME!!!!! I'm able to play on my TV as well as my pixel 4XL without any issues. N as I said, compared to BOTH consoles (any platform) and PC, I have still never been as happy with EITHER as I have been with my two-ish months of Stadia. Like I said. Consoles/PC there is BS somewhere somehow with either of those, you're at some point or another doing more than you need to, just to play a video game, Stadia removes all that BS. I'll keep PROUDLY supporting it, till it's very end. 

Founder and Pro sub since day one and like I said till it ends (whenever and however, be it good or bad) I'm never shutting off my auto pay. One of the FEW people out there too who didn't cry and complain about the TR game going free to play. I didn't ask for a refund because u r missing the point. Ur supposed to be "supporting" Stadia what good does that do by issuing a refund? Just because a game u bought goes free? Lol boo hoo. Proud supporter, proud founder, if it's dead, or dies, I'll gladly die with it. 

With all that praise said. I can give you one negative. We need more games, that's about the only real DOWNSIDE to stadia because if you're someone like me and you just want to support support support, u kinda can't since the game library is like what 30 games?  BUT I KNOW it will get better. Don't hate, just wait. Stadia still better than consoles and PC Imo

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

To be fair on people complaining they were a bit iffy on what it was going to be unless like myself you've been following cloud from inception back in 2010 or so it could be confusing, one thing they made clear though was this is not Netflix for games.

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

I mean, I'm definitely gonna continue my pro next month.

I consider Stadia to be a marathon, not a sprint.

While I'd say we definitely need more communication from the team, I definitely don't think Google is avoiding supporting, funding, developing, etc. Stadia, they're acquiring studios, partnering with ISPs to get bundles out there, etc.

The game library is extremely small right now, I 100% agree, however I feel this will only improve as Stadia grows as you have to put yourself in the position of a developer, many are likely hesitant and sceptical, and for good reason, but I feel the rate at which support for Stadia will increase will accelerate.

I'm super excited to see what the future holds, and I don't really have to invest much other than my £8.99/month which makes me inclined to just see where the platform goes. I have about 10 games (including pro games) and am excited to see what goes on next month! Hopefully base will launch soon.

Stadia player since 19/11/2019!
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Fernspaeher : Last I heard you were cancelling your subscription to Stadia....cos games were too expensive and you were going to switch back to PC..

So a week later you’re expecting things to have changed already? Try again in 6-9 months and see what the progress is like then, it might be better or moving in the right direction but you need to give it longer than a week or 10 days to rectify its shortcomings. 

But if you are expecting a Netflix for games, where-ever did you read that? You are going to be waiting a very long time, since it was never advertised as such or sold like that afaik. 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

I think that those who talk about Stadia as a dead service have not yet understood the potential of this platform. Of course it takes patience and I too am often impatient to receive an access to new games or features. More communication would be an incentive for skeptics. But nothing can be done for those who are biased on unshakable concepts or on mere personal interests.... Only to denigrate this service which is currently being in a testing phase (for those who have not yet understood and were hard blockhead).
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I can still log in and play the games I bought and claimed as part of Pro membership, so I'm pretty sure it's not dead 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Stadia is working great for me.  I like being able to play the same game on either a PC or on the TV depending on what I want to get out of it (or if the TV is free in my busy household!). No messing with settings, no long downloads, and I am amazed at the performance.

Would always be nice to have more free games, but to be honest I don't have time to play them all anyway, maybe just have a bit more diversity (would love a driving game). Even Farming Simulator has its place, my daughters love to drive round the town, easy gaming for them 🙂

I don't know why Google hasn't cooked up a couple of arcade classics to play, Space Invaders anyone?

What I don't understand is why much of the tech press seems out to get Stadia.  Before it was launched, it was all "the lag will be awful" now lag is just not an issue (if you have a good internet connection) they seems to be looking for anything else to moan about. Maybe they are worried if everyone can play things without fuss people wont need reviews of the latest graphics cards etc? *Shrug*

2 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

The issue is that Google destroys Titan RTX. And he sends you a piece of plastic as a controller that after 20 days is defective. Not everything does well.
1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

It’s probably the most melodramatic thread title ever... Personally think Stadia is awesome. It needs some more games to attract more users for sure - but two months in to a new platform and I have had no issues and never get a problem matching on things like Destiny...
4 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I certainly do not think Stadia is dead, I do not even think that Stadia is anywhere close to being dead. 

From a personal point of view, I love Stadia, I am really enjoying the platform. I have plenty games to play currently and I am sure that library will increase on the near future. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

Very vague timescales on upcoming features and games so cancelled pro. .Nice to play purchased games on laptop and TV but keep drifting back to my pc for online games.

1 Kudo