cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Is Red dead redemption 2 60fps on 4k?

I am thinking about buying Red dead redemption 2, but I am wondering, is it 60fps at 4k? I do not want to buy something that will not add any bump in performance compared to my Xbox one S

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Community Member

DF made a great analysis about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6y4MnlFLNE 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@I3joernnn That was at launch, I think he's asking about the current state although I doubt it has changed at all.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think it changed but it's so confusing because it doesn't match what google writes....

Google writes still 4k/FPS

But my video monitor tells me 4k/60fps

And I even found a old tweet that rdr will have 60 fps in the future on Stadia..... 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Its running Pro upscaled mode to 4k with 30fps. 1080p is balanced mode and its 60fps. Graphics seeming to be similar to the X version. But i can say to you that it definitely looks better on stadia than on xbox one S and the loading times killing all the consoles together. So yes, this game plays overall better on stadia, but it depends on you if you like the game that much that you want to double dip on it.

But if you haven't already bought the game yet than go for the stadia version. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

It'll look and perform better than your One S, for sure.  Especially in terms of loading times as was already pointed out.  Most of the drama surrounding RDR2 performance on Stadia stems from it not measuring up to high end PCs yet, really.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I don't understand these questions honestly.

I mean, if we say "yes, it is 4K, 60fps" will you be happy ?

If we say "no it is not 4k, 60fps" will you turn it down ?

Can't you enjoy what you see ? The game is probably one of the most beautiful out there, if not the most.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Umm.. what's not to understand? If you say yes it's 4k@60fps then yes he will.be happy. 

If you say no it's not 4k@60fps then no he will not be happy or at least not as happy. Id say that's normal. 

Yes Red Dead is a beautiful game but you know how it could be even more beautiful.. 4k@60fps!

The game performs the way it does on the Xbox one X which sucks because stadia games should be out-performing the current consoles and be competing with the next ones coming.

Let's hope the Gen 2 hardware (if that's really even a thing) will bring up the specs. 30fps is just pathetic 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well I loaded the Xbox one S version then decided to get the Stadia version... The one thing that blew me away was the loading time.. so fast on stadia

1 Kudo
Community Member

Currently 1440p upscaled to 4k. 30fps. Compare to the xbox one x its the same but has at fast moves streaks. 

II had very mich fun with the game. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Even though it's not 60fps at 4k, the best way to play it is at 60fps at 1080p, based on my experience with RDR2 on both XBox One X and Stadia.   RDR2 is the first game I actually paid for on Stadia and I'm SO glad that I did!  It looks fantastic on the X, but for me, it wasn't realistic to play it in different rooms of my house and I just found that I wasn't even finishing the story of the game on the X even though I bought it the day it came out.   I'm finding that I just pick it up and play for an hour or two on the TV in my room, the TV in my living room, or on an old Moto G5 Android phone I hadn't used for over a year clipped onto my Stadia controller.  I've even played it on my MacBook Pro which has never been used for gaming...   ever.

It looks great, it loads SO fast, and I can move between screens with minimal pain.   I also have xCloud and XBox remote steaming, Steam Remote Play, NVidia GeForce Now, and PSNow...   None of them are anywhere near as good as Stadia latency and graphics quality, even the remote streaming to my Series X in the other room has latency spikes that are just not there with Stadia.  Steam remote to my high-end gaming PC is also really good, BUT finding a PC game that works 100% without needing the keyboard is rare.  Certainly not optimized to the level you see on consoles or Stadia.

I'll definitely be buying more Stadia games after my RDR2 experience, but I will say that I wish all the games supported cross-save.  It's a pain to have to start everything over from scratch, even though in the case of RDR2 it's been a blast.  Google needs to pu$h all developers on the Stadia platform to support cross-save with PC at the very least.  That would radically improve adoption!

0 Kudos
Community Member

1080p?

Welcome to 2016.

Looks **bleep** on big TVs 

0 Kudos