cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Inside Xbox

I just saw the inside Xbox and... Well first all the Sony fanboys who will say that the PS5 will need better are filling themselves, the graphics will be better on the series X.

That being said, I did not see anything that justify buying a next gen console, the supposedly jump in graphics is not there. I think stadia has the edge now we saw the next gen graphic. Nothing justify a $500 console

Your thoughts?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @jayo2k 

great to hear! But please don't judge players on other platform. We are all players! 🙂

I think a lot will be defined by the games. If you want to play Forza or Halo, you have to use a Xbox.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Tobonaut I do not judge, I stated my opinion, top tier PC are better that what we saw.  All I said is that I have not seen anything that justify buying a next gen console YET

1 Kudo
Community Member

Think I'm on board with next gen tbh, every game I like bar grid has issues that don't get fixed in a timely manner, the whole go ask google when asking devs about an issue then google sending you back is wearing thin, also the massive game breaking issue in FM not being fixed after months doesn't get you any optimism, the confusion between what to cross play with too, the thing us just getting messy instead if better.

My Stadia will always be there but I just want some consistency with my machine now and don't have the passion for the future that was there for a year or so.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@ARGAH it seems you are having no luck with stadia.

The thing is that I do not have to buy a console to play games so to get me but one I have to see something crazy and that inside Xbox gave me no reason to buy a console... If you look closely, the only real gameplay they show was not that great, all the rest were pre rendered cinematic using the game engine... They even had a disclaimer that said that it was only how they expect the game to look like... And not how the game look.... I did not see a huge jump in quality, I even had the impression that the Xbox one x could do it.... A mid range gaming PC ($2000) is doing a way better job that that next gen console... Seems like consoles will never reach the quality of what a beefed up PC can do

0 Kudos
Community Member

@jayo2k As a PC player with a slightly dated rig (GTX 1070), I completely have the opposite view of you. I guess it comes down to what you're looking for in your gaming future. If you must have the top tier graphics and PC only mmos, then a maybe choose a PC. For me that's no longer the case, and I can't wait for the next gen consoles to drop. I'm currently officially using KB+M on my PS4 Pro to play COD-MW4, and can easily choose to exclude the PCs rampant cheaters. But, even with cross-play enabled the PC players can barely hold their own against the consoles. You're actually starting to hear the PC players complain about getting beat by controller users...lol. If consoles continue to embrace kb+m I'll use that $2000 to purchase one of each next-gen console, a new 4k gaming monitor, and a few games. Where does Stadia fit in? Sadly, I'm not so sure now.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I agree, I had the feeling we were watching a Ps4 pro pro 🙂 Like current gen maxed out in anti aliasing and effects, all with 4K 60fps. I expected more, but anyways it's only the beginning and I'm sure we'll soon see games we couldn't imagine on current gens.

Other than graphics, these games actually looked fun. I hope most of them will come to Stadia.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I found the event quite interesting as well but I did not care about graphics AT ALL...
In my opinion console features, usabillity, convenience and gameplay fun are much more valuable than "graphics"

I hope that Xbox and PS5 will succeed and developers do not forget to target stadia as well 😄
And I also hope that the other stadia competitor cloud platform *cough cough* xCloud *cough cough* will succeed as well as all the company battles will benefit us players 🙂

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xer0graV Me, as of today, I only play Stadia, the thing is was Phil Spencer not hyped the next gen that much, I would have been good but the man said the leap would be equivalent than going from 2D to 3D... And Digital foundry dissected those claims and said they doubt (nothing official) that the next gen console would do ray tracing at 4k (let alone 8k) 60fps since apparently even top tier PC struggle with ray tracing 4k 60 and the next gen specs are mostly middle top tier PC

0 Kudos