cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

I've just received my kit... I plugged it in.. So disappointing...

The chromecast dongle is heating like hell, and then you loose your connection with the controller. 😞

Then, going back to your game, it asks you to hit the enter key, whith your controller!!! And of course you cannot do it...

A real nightmare...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The Chromecast does get crazy hot at times, but it shouldn't be getting hot enough to cause any issues. If it is, you might try repositioning it a bit to give it better airflow around it (if possible). 

What game are you playing? On the rare occasion that my controllers loses its connection (generally after sitting idle for a little bit), pressing one of the buttons after reconnecting it is enough to get the game to recognize the gamepad input again. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hmm, my premiere edition CCU  just gets a little warm even after hours of gaming in RDR2. I also noticed, its always a little warm even in standby mode for some reason. Maybe you have a faulty one. You should contact the support, they will have some "experience" with this problem.

0 Kudos
Community Member

For instance I just launched GRID ant chromecast is telling me Press Return... Why can't you understand that I am using a controller with only A,X, Y... button...??!??

0 Kudos