cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pondussen
Community Member

I tried GeForce Now and i’m afraid there is no going back.

I tried geforce now and OMG. It'severything I have been hoping stadia would be. A lot more games,  not only old ones.  60fps and max settings!   Ray tracing! The only thing I miss is 4K, but for some reason I think Geforce is more likely to add this than stadia is to improve their service.

Sorry stadia, I've  lost faith in you. But I would have loved you too prove me wrong. 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

Re: I tried GeForce Now and i’m afraid there is no going back.

2ca66099e89eb0e302b515cef7dfa4fd.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Byfrost
Community Member

So my big question would be what is GeForce Now offering that Steam Link or Rainway aren't already offering and are free?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nilas
Community Member

Well I have tried Geforce now a bit more extensively now so I can give an opinion.

I liked the service overall, especially the fact it lets me play PC games on my Imac.

It does look better on GFN than on Stadia, probably because the Nvidia GPU used are better than the AMD Vega GPU used by Stadia currently.

However :

- I had to wait in the queue to play a game

- you can't play on TV unless you have a shield TV

- Launching a game requires to load something (I am guessing it boots a server or tries to find a server in the datacenter or something), it is actually long when you're used to Stadia

- Yes you can modify the settings in a game, however some games need to be restarted after you changed the settings. And there you are back in the queue LOL

- It did stutter a few times on my 1gb/s connexion. When Stadia finds an internet traffic, instead of stutters it will usually compress the image so your gameplay isn't ruined. I prefer the Stadia

- my controllers aren't working. I had a look and it seems the controllers required are the nvidia shield controller, or some Razer stuffs. I would have expected the Stadia controller would be recognized as a generic but it didn't.

In the end I am glad it exists because I can now play a few more PC games on my Imac but I think it has to improve on many levels. I'm excited about the future of cloud gaming, hopefully by the end of the year we have a dream service, whoever it comes from. For now I think Stadia is a lot better and convenient to use, except of the small library of games and GPU in the system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nightcrow
Community Member

@Nilas 

Agree GFN probably have alot of things that must become better.

But think about this...can we actually compare them at current time?

GFN out two days

Stadia 3 + month ( which 40 days was completely radio silence and or updates)

I have more and more felt that the stadia release was rushed ( wireless and app for most devices  are still missing)

And I think  GFN is why..... 

I personally just will wait until the end of the month until I decide on my choice

I do wish Stadia will prevail, but It is my experience and gameplay I do cherish the most.

iI I need to spend more money on controller and possibly on shield I will do just that..

After all I just want to game easiest way possible 

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kelador
Community Member

@Pondussen 4k was availible in the beta, My guess is they wanted to limit it at launch to reduce stress on their servers and so they can work out what sort of demand Geforce Now has, I would give it a few months and Im sure we will see a 4k subscription teir with longer play session.

@Nilas Nvidia Now is availible on other android tv boxes and the app can be downloaded and installed on things like the Fire TV stick via sideloading, I have it running on a xioami mi box s just downloaded the apk fron nvidia's site, I'm using an xbox one s controller with no issue's really not sure why people seem to be having issue's with controllers.

I keep seeing people pointing out that Nvidia is not giving away games with their subscription I guess thats why its half the cost but that being said its the PC eco system for example Epicgames gives away free games every month today I claim farming sim 2019 free from them and can play it on Nvidia Now and there are many more publishers and sites that give away games each month far more than the two you get on Stadia.... Not to mention the cost of games on PC/Nvidia Now is 30-80% cheaper.

0 Kudos
FoxlukeITA
Community Member

I also want to contribute to the discussion.
I'm trying GeForce Now I have a huge amount of games on Steam and Epic and I love Stadia on which I purchased several games.
I won't talk about 4k because I don't have 4k monitors or TV so I don't care at all.

It is clear by using both systems that have a different vocation and purpose. and paradoxically the two platforms are not mutually exclusive but "complete"

Here are the things I noticed:

PRO OF STADIA:
- Stadia is a replacement for the console: the games are developed and adapted specifically for stadia, this means that potential developers will focus on optimizing the game specifically for the hardware that can be found on stadia a bit like it happens for PS consoles and Xbox. And this undoubtedly brings advantages.
- No graphical option .. think of everything as it is in a home console.
- Stadia has no waiting lines to play games and that's it.
- Stadia has its own and in my opinion well structured data center structure
- The Stadia interface is extremely simple and clear and playing with a purchased game is extremely simple and clear. a bit like consoles.
- Special features specially created for Stadia can be developed
- Google has on its side services such as Youtube and google searches that if integrated with the games will give an extra edge to the experience (find solutions, advice from the network, publish live gameplay on youtube without weighing down your internet line etc. .)
- Those who play online play, for now, with those who have the same game on Stadia. the lag is comparable.

CONS OF STADIA
- High price of games compared to the average.
- More monthly subscription cost than GeForce Now
- It is disconnected from online stores so you will never be able to play games you already have .. exactly like a new console
- The controller doesn't drive me crazy
- Very limited amount of games .. I am feverishly waiting for certain specific announcements that I hope sooner or later they will give.
- cannot be used on generic mobile phones and without 5G.
- requires own controller on TV

PRO OF GEFORCE NOW
- It is a service that integrates your PC experience. with the games we purchased on the various online stores.
- It manages better the amount of data, I was able to "play" Batman Arkham Night in maximum details even with the 4g of my generic mobile phone. and even without a controller (obviously it's unplayable but the possibility is provided).
- Large amount of games and at very affordable prices.
- It has RTX for subscribers and this may make a difference in some games.
- Subscription rather cheap and in any case also the free allows to play well.

CONF OF GEFORCE NOW
- Geforce now relies, as far as I know, on Azur datacenters, not on its own. In Italy, for example, it has no detacenter and I have to connect with a detacenter in Europe.
- Requires Shield TV
- There are waiting queues to enter the server if you don't pay the monthly subscription.
- You will use the PC version of the games, therefore often not optimized and subject to problems. There will never be an exclusive feature of Geforce Now.
- The interface and management of the various stores on Geforce Now is very complicated and brainy in my opinion. Until they get better, finding a compatible game is a long thing.
- I managed to play only after many attempts to understand how it is done. On the other hand, everything is simpler, cleaner and faster.
The multiplayer is more complex because if you play with GeforceNow it is very likely that you will meet opponents who play from PC and with a lower lag. The ping that the PC server you are playing from will appear on the screen, not the one you have once the image has arrived.

2 Kudos