cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

I have my Founders Edition hardware but I can't play because I have no code. What gives?

Why in the world were these codes not tied to when Founders Editions would go out? I have my controller sitting at my house and it's useless without a code. I pre-ordered on June 7. What gives?

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Slink looks like the activation codes were sent in waves. My Stadia Pro was shipped earlier today, and I got my code a few hours after that. So hopefully you'll get yours soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the Founders Edition since this morning, it was delivered right away. It is useless without the code. The fact that these codes weren't just included in the hardware shipment is ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I ordered the Founders edition and cancelled the order a few minutes after ordering for this exact reason.

So disappointing.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@R_M_M 

I was one of the luckier founders, delivery was made a day after the actual go-live date, and code was received that same evening.   But the roll-out was far from smooth and was a right mess.   Then again I can still remember Xbox updates failing and devices being brick'd at Christmas time in past mass deployments too...  Usually it's a miracle if a new product launch goes smoothly for everyone.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm not so worried about it being a temporary glitch however if you have a paid google account t through G-suit. This is the case for most Google services.

If you pay Google for anything beyond a basic google account they desktop you using their services.

There are plenty of videos and forums online for people having the same issues.

0 Kudos