cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Help me sell an honest narrative about stadia

Hi I'm a rookie. Video game developer, military vet, avid gamer, and YouTuber. I'm looking to give my followers and others a true review of stadia. I've played daily on 11 titles, used. Stadia in 4 cities, on 4 different service providers, Andi want your exp as well to give people an honest review of stadia. If interested, please say rather you like or dislike stadia in a title response and then tell me what you like or don't like about it. Try and stick to 3 pros and cons. I'll use your responses and data to make a graph that sells a honest review from actual gamers that have used the service for at least 30 days. So no worries if you haven't just give me an idea of how long you've been using it as well. Thanks guys and hopefully we can get the truth out there.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Community Member

Only been using stadia three days but been following and using similar services since onlive maybe as far back as 2010, one thing you can't do is tell people that this works, people need to try and when they see it does indeed work they then need to wrap head around idea the console isn't a physical thing, that actually doesn't take long when it feels like you are 1:1 sync with game like we do on stadia and psnow with Ethernet. Basically people just need to try and we need to let them so they can tell others this works.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Just to add another bit of info, of about 50+ people I've spoken to, friends family shop worker not one said this works, they all said it isn't possible to be like playing at home whereas I personally knew 100% after trying other services stadia would work great because of the wifi controller cutting out the latency from the Bluetooth middle man when using other similar services, should maybe be a good idea to focus on that.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Could you elaborate more I'm kind of lost and confused by your response. Are you saying that they said stadia I not working for them but is for you or that it is not working for them and you or something different?

Army2willis
0 Kudos
Community Member

What I'm saying is anyone I spoke to about stadia IRL not on forums have debunked my claim that game streaming works now, they clearly haven't tried recently or at all but came to the conclusion it can't work because of something they heard or watched on youtube.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Like I literally had a guy in CEX a cpu hardware store laugh at me on Saturday for going with Stadia he strongly advised me to go with xcloud, I didn't even bother explaining how Stadia would work better and that xcloud is currently locked at 720p and honestly pretty crap in it's current state although it does have potential on full release.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Xbox Xcloud picXbox Xcloud picBelieve me Xcloud sucks. I have the service and outside of it having more games nothing else is better about it. The connection regardless of which type you have is horrible. I tried 2ghz, 5ghz, 4g lte, 4g, 3g and my connection regardless was horrible. Mind you my home network is multiple business connections all over 1gig. I tried Xcloud on multiple phones as well. From my Cat S31, Samsung S9 plus, and two cheaper phones I have by Samsung around the $60 dollar marker. There was tons of artifacting going on and the connection would drop constantly. Even when I used the service on my Ipad pro 6 I would see the same issues arise. I would say it's my devices but, I have perfect connections in other games like Pubg, Fortnite, and Call of duty mobile, all of which I have played with the same xbox controller.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
Community Member

I agree that's the best way but in this day in age people want to see others thoughts, experiences, and some photos and footage before being willing to take the dive. The problem with Stadia concerning that is tons of paid negative publicity by big YouTube names to sell a false narrative. I've been using the xcloud service from Microsoft and the game stream services since inception and neither have the pros of Stadia. I. Can say the same about the PSNow library and service. While the all have benefits. In comparison some offer a better exp than others. These are my thoughts and exp and in no way should be taken as a defining exp for someone else. That's why I made this post.  To take a collective of thoughts from gamers who paid for stadia and pass what they think and feel on. That's all.

Army2willis
1 Kudo
Community Member

Well in terms of pros know you only said three but will list all of mine as a console gamer who never owned a PC.

Pro's: 60fps minimum, downloads not a thing, load times great, no upgrading, no self maintenance, people can't cheat, lag is on you if it lags a bad connection won't hinder others.

Cons: Can't play offline, user numbers low, uses a lot of data.

The cons don't bother me, the pros about 60fps and load times won't be a pro to a pc gamer so it also depends on where you coming from, it is a really hard thing to push but I'm going to take it everywhere and show as many as possible in person, that is how I'm gonna do my bit, good luck with your thing buddy.

0 Kudos
Community Member

In few words... Great idea and technology, but Google has to push more on marketing otherwise it's all useless.

Unfortunately on Stadia almost every game I tryed out so far (Destyny 2, Tomb Raider: Def edition, A.O.T. 2, FFXV) lack of gamers on the online multiplayer modes. This is a great problem, the only playable online is Destiny 2 (because it's free for everyone at the moment) the other games are literally desert. There are a lot of games that are based on the online interactions with other users and they are not worth buying.

PRO:

• Great portability
  • Good performances
  • One platform for pc-games and console games

CONS:

• Few online players
  • Small game library
  • Improvements too slow to be released (new game release, new features etc...)

If you agree with my vision leave a kudos please 🙂

1 Kudo
Community Member

Google stadia great tech that works better than I could have imagined, but the package Google are selling us is weak

The pro subscription needs to pivot to provide more value for money.  At the moment, the subscription is a levy.  Its not a service.  It needs to pivot and offer substantially more - some suggestions?

(a) pro subscription gives you the ability to download on PC (truly giving you all options to play the games you pay for in any circumstance (long-term goal, I admit)*

(b) a better game library.  Sign up today and get access to all pro games - not just the ones you previously "claimed" and that are available that given month.  Start to build up a vault of games, Google!

(c) tie-ins.  Do what Amazon has done.  You sign up to this, and you get that thrown in!  Its a lot easier to swallow a pro membership, if it comes with, say, access to google music (and having google music integrated with Stadia too, akin to Spotify on PS4).  You have the resources.  

As I said, Stadia works better than I could have imagined.  I took my CCU and Controller with me when I visited family over Xmas, and it worked like a dream both on their TV and on my laptop.    It truly is the future - but Google need to step up their game with what they offer under their "pro membership", especially when their rivals start to get serious about streaming.

I should add that I also think Google knows what they are doing.  If Google came in to the streaming scene, all guns blazing - making a pro membership a no-brainer, I suspect they would have concerns as to whether they can handle it at their end - the last thing they need is more bad press relating to the service.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I like your thoughts and agree on most of what your thinking but, as a side note I do have to add that the pro service says they will add "a game' each month and not games. So they are attempting to build a library faster than what was originally announced but none of this is free either. I would recommend they try and get games like the Witcher series added and even go as far as saying they should pay CD Projekt Red to do a revamped version of the 2nd game. I'm sure getting Qwent and Magic the gathering arenas ported over to stadia would be way easier than most of the games in the store now. It would also bring in the first free games to the library along with the millions of players that play each game already as is ( but in a portable form). Either way they choose to go with what they are doing I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Army2willis
0 Kudos
Community Member

Wireless accessabilty. From any device... That what sold me

But sadly Google catering to own devices first ( even though you can access the same gameplay just  using" use desktop view "from mobile and tab using chrome browser)

And still must use Usb ...

When they sort that we can probably start selling it

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
1 Kudo
Community Member

I'll try to keep this short.

Stadia completes my rig (Nintendo Switch and mac). I'm an old school gamer who took a break after PS3/Xbox360 because the current gen looked to me only like a graphic enhancement. I also did not want to download stuffs forever, and as I aged, I like to play in different places. At the end of previous gen, I found myself barely ever playing anymore on my TV, but rather on 3DS, mobile, laptop.

I like Stadia a lot, I often think I'm the perfect audience for this, because I have fast unlimited internet (1Gb/s fiber), I have not a console or Windows, and it doesn't have the issues I didn't want to deal with anymore.

I also hated the fact that when I quit PS3, the PS4 was't compatible with my games anymore INCLUDING the PSN games. I was mad. I have tons of games bought in the PSN. Even if Sony partially dealed with retrocompatibility later on, it was too late and I never bought the PS4.

At least in Stadia there is no idea of "platform generation". The games here are like the ones in Steam : they are supposed to be working now and we are not changing for another platform ever, so they will be playable in many years. This is a significant difference for me and a lesson I learned.

Also, when playing multiplayer online on Stadia, there is no more lag than when you play local. That's a good thing about data centers. And everyone here is supposed to have a decent connexion.

Pros :

- Google upgrades the hardware for me. It works well currently and I expect it to get better and better to surpass consoles and challenge high end computers at some point

- Easy play anywhere you have internet with no download, no patch, no bs. Just connect and play

- Games bought on Stadia should never become unplayable, never get fked because you went from PS to xbox, or from PS3 to PS4. The games available now remain playable forever unless the service dies which will never happen

Cons :

- TERRIBLE communication from google : what freaking games are coming in January ? When are the features coming up ? Seriously everything is still planned for "2020", when ffs ? And why no Stadia Connect on launch and stil not by now ? Why Google limited the features at launch on purpose, are they retarded ? If Google doesn't learn fast they will have a hard time with the gaming industry

- Too many people still don't have the fiber. USA have limited internet. 5G may come in a few month but people still need to have compatible devices. Expansion might be slower than Google thoughts

- The library is both great and too poor at the moment. And the fact that the Google Studios are far from ready shows that Google actually rushed the service

1 Kudo
Community Member

I have owned it for one month, and i have mixed feelings, i cant recomend to skip your console.

Pros: 1 Very cheap to get started with 4K gaming.

2 Cromecast ultra work great for TV/movie

3 You can finally refund a game that dosnt work like it should, or if you dont like it within 2 first hours of playing it/ 14 days

Cons: Some game have constant small lagg for me (ubisoft games ac odyssey and breakpoint. No games deliver as promised 60fps in full 4k.

I experience a freeze/lagg now and then in Tomb raider games for 1-2 seconds, not a reason to buy multiplayer games because of the matchmaking almost never work.

Conclusion: Get a stadia if you like gadgets and want to have a second or third platform, where you can claim monthly games and look for discounts. And in future get to play next exclusive games for stadia.

As it is today they cant beat ps4pro and the Xbox one x is better.

This isnt good enough since next gen consoles would be better, stadia must upgrade/fix the platform to deliver full 4K 60fps. Or full 4K 30fps on every title.

I cant complane, i use the cromecast ultra to other things, controller itself it already gave me 6 monthly games. So it’s very cheap and you get a lot for your Money. But no it cant keep up with todays 4K consoles on all games. Think shadow of Tomb raider is the only game that could have the same grapics like Xbox one x.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Glad to see you took the time to share your thoughts. I'm grateful to all that do and I will use your sentiments to help give all interested in the system the thoughts of those that actually have it. No one person's thoughts will be twisted to sell a narrative. All of your thoughts will be shared and all of the thoughts will be used to get an idea of what real gamers on stadia have to say about the service. Thanks again seriously. #realjournalism

Army2willis
0 Kudos