cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Grid local multiplayer/split screen, again

Jump to solution
So... Im getting mixed messages when it comes to Grid and local multiplayer. I have two stadia controllers and already play local multiplayer NBA2K. Now I would like to do the same with Grid but I'm reading here in the forum that it doesn't support it on Stadia. On Stadias official Twitter account, when Grid was released, they say that "Stadia supports local multiplayer — all you need is a Stadia account and others will be able to play with you as a guest." and "At launch, Stadia will allow one user per account. However, there can be a guest account for split-screen co-op games." So my question is: Will I be able to play Grid local multiplayer/split screen with my family? As I wrote earlier, I own two Stadia controllers. Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Community Member

Grid doesn't have local multiplayer. Unless you count passing on the joystick after each round. Lol

Maybe you wanna refund.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

@rodiandori : Only earlier versions of GRID Autosport and GRID 2 supported local multiplayer splitscreen IIRC.

As for splitscreen on the current version of GRID, that is due in a post release update.

https://gamingbolt.com/grid-interview-weather-track-online-offerings-and-more 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Community Member

Grid doesn't have local multiplayer. Unless you count passing on the joystick after each round. Lol

Maybe you wanna refund.

1 Kudo
Community Member
Haha! Thank you! I haven’t purchased it and won’t until it supports local multiplayer.
1 Kudo
Community Member

1000% why anyone would EVER want a race car game where they cannot race their friends when they come over makes no sense. Seriously? Just NO! NEXT.....

0 Kudos
Community Member

This is not a real race car game then. Legit racecar games allow you to race against your friends. THIS IS A SUPER LAME GAME!

0 Kudos
Community Member

@rodiandori : Only earlier versions of GRID Autosport and GRID 2 supported local multiplayer splitscreen IIRC.

As for splitscreen on the current version of GRID, that is due in a post release update.

https://gamingbolt.com/grid-interview-weather-track-online-offerings-and-more 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

1 Kudo