cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Google in the Channel Islands

• Hi all, An unusual question. Why doesn't Google recognise Guernsey, Channel Islands as part of the same region as the UK? Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and apple all do?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Member

@tristan-lee : Probably because the Channel Islands including the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey are neither a part of Britain or the United Kingdom but are referred to as self-governing British Crown dependencies.   They do not follow UK law as they have their own law courts and legal systems.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, but I did know this... I guess, why? Is my question?
0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for the reply, but I did know this... I guess, why? Is my question?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@tristan-lee Hey Tristan, What region is Guernsey assigned to?. Does this cause any problems with using the store, or playing games? That would be annoying. I suppose it could be for the purposes of VAT deduction ...though surely it would be beneficial for them to just include a mark-up to the CI at the same rate as VAT...i don't really know though and I'm just guessing. BTW, it's Jason, Martyn's cousin!
0 Kudos
Community Member

@tristan-lee

Hey Tristan, What region is Guernsey assigned to?

Does this cause any problems with using the store, or playing games? That would be annoying.

I suppose it could be for the purposes of VAT deduction ...though surely it would be beneficial for them to just include a mark-up to the CI at the same rate as VAT...i don't really know though and I'm just guessing.

BTW, it's Jason, Martyn's cousin!

0 Kudos