cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Google Stadia X Nintendo Switch?

Will Stadia technically work on the switch? I think if Stadia Base comes out for Switch in the near future that would be a big push for Stadia and a great deal for Google and Nintendo.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Community Member

Yea I'm pretty sure this won't happen ever.

Nintendo is very protective of their IPs. 

Or they would need a major change of company culture.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I didn't mean bringing Nintendo games to Stadia. What I mean ist the possibility to play Stadia games on Switch. That would give players the possibility to play AAA games on Switch that nomaly wouldn't run on it. Sony and Microsoft would be very sad seeing AAA on Switch. Many Switch gamer could possibly ignore PS5 and XBox Scarlett if they can play the same games with Stadia on Switch without buying new hardware. If Stadia is running on Switch it's realy easy to use. Playing on TV with cromecast ist more difficult to do. Also google should bring out a little streaming console you can use without a smartphone and that finds the controller without searching in the WLAN.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Yeah, I understand what you were saying.  But I got a dream!

In reality, I don't see it happening.  Technically speaking, it should be possible, but....

0 Kudos
Community Member

In order to make Stadia a well used service, especially before next gen launch Christmas 2020, Stadia should be available on as much plattforms as possible. XBox and PS4 will be impossible as plattform and besides homeboxes the Switch is the most popular plattform left. It could help raise the number of Stadia users in 2020. And who knows, maybe google can also get some exclusives from Nintendo if they do a deal. Maybe we could get some classic Nintendo games like Zelda OoT in 4K on Stadia or games that would be impossible on Switch hardware like an online based free to play F-Zero with 30+ real drivers on the tracks or a true Pokemon MMO? Nintendo is big in Apps, so why not start on Stadia? Everything is possible if google tries to.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Stadia is fully possible to run on the switch. Seeing that hulu and YouTube is on the Nintendo Switch which is both streaming services and hackers installed android on there switches and played Stadia with amazing controller support and no lag... Stadia already added Pro Controller support so they thought about Nintendo... If Nintendo says ok to stadia it would help both stadia and Nintendo it would also make Nintendo’s gaming selections bigger with better graphics 

2 Kudos
Community Member

I secretly hope that Nintendo abandons their hardware division and partners with Stadia.  They have said they might not stay in the hardware business (I can't find the source... I looked.) and they have a connection with Google through Niantic.  Google needs to partner, people love to hate on Google, but the tech is fantastic! 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@weavernator 
Nintendo was only going to pull out if the Switch flopped. Instead it's pulling great numbers. I don't see them leaving hardware unless something crazy happens like they partner with Microsoft.

@Ivan 
That wasn't Nintendo's tech, that was Ubisoft's. Capcom also did streaming with resident evil 7 on Switch but only in Japan and I believe they have already abandoned further title streaming on Switch.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Klonx Ubisoft was testing cloud version of Assasin's Creed Odyssey for Switch late last year in Japan. So I'm more convinced Nintendo is testing their own version of cloud gaming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

Das wäre super wenn stadia auf Nintendo switch Läufen würde ich denke dann we're Nintendo einer der stärksten Consolen von allen und ich denke die Leute werden sich dann für die Nintendo switch entscheiden weil dann sind Spiele für Kinder und Jugendliche da ,Stadia und Nintendo die sollten sich zusammen tun

0 Kudos
Community Member

Buy a switch, you get stadia and a Nintendo switch, potential game changer

0 Kudos
Community Member

It runs fine on LinageOS from what I've seen, but your switch needs to be a vulnerable unit for it

0 Kudos