cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Gamer Tag numbers

Does anyone else have numbers after their name? I created a gamer tag and Google automatically assigned numbers to it. I get that they help differentiate names, but shouldn't the names be unique like on PSN or XBL? And if not, those numbers should only appear when searching or looking at a detailed view of the profile. This is mostly an aesthetic concern, but I find the numbers to be unpalatable. Anyone else feel the same?
1 Kudo
4 Replies
Community Member

I tend to agree however having a unique name was one of the point for buying the founders pack so I doubt those numbers are going anywere:P .
I collect Kudos for living.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Kind of feel the same, but maybe somewhere in the future they'll have mercy for the Premier Edition folks. Otherwise, those numbers are here to stay.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I thought the same thing, appreciate the founders get the little 3 stars icon after their name, so assumed that non-founders would not have the stars, didn't think the ugly numbers would be bolted on too. Makes scoreboards and names in general look really ugly.

Would love it if the numbers could be hidden within games to tidy things up, but alas I don't see this happening.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

If Google would ever change that, what would have been the reason then to be a founder? The unique name without any numbers was one of the selling points of the Founder's edition (and also the founder's badge, which are these three little stars).

I can understand though why everyone who bought a Premiere edition, would love to have the numbers gone too, but the selling point of the Premiere edition was not about the name it was to be able to join Stadia asap at launch.

As I am using Discord as well, I think the number-system in general is not too bad. It avoids usernames like "Legolas" in 20 different written forms (Légólás, Lêgôlâs, etc.), therefore you can just have the name and the number can be used from friends to identify which account is actually correct. But yeah I agree when it comes to scoreboards or anything it might look a bit ugly to see the names with the numbers there.

0 Kudos