cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Game Pricing and No social interactions

Jump to solution

Being an early adopter (founder edition) I really want Stadia to be successful . But today I think I have decided enough is enough . 

Gaming over the years (I'm 42) went from single player games to co-op to full online battle royale . 

Stadia are not doing enough to bring the masses to the platform ,  Choosing a gaming platform usually is decided by  your social circle so stadia is going to struggle.

Lack of mainstream titles and game pricing is becoming a massive obstacle!

Red dead redemption 2 is an example of a great title but no longer a new release title , currently priced over £50!! Retail price on PS4/Xbox is now £25 and under !! That's half the price for a physical copy with resell value!!

For me personally I am on the verge of ditching the platform before I invest anymore money ,Which makes me sad as this has the potential to shake up the whole industry.

Please Google throw some serious money at this! I'm in the UK and most people have never heard of Stadia!!  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Yog1 

that's sad to hear. In some points I'm with you, but not with the pricing. Yes, the prices are higher but you don't buy just the game, you buy the server performance, too. That's why its okay that the games a little bit more expensive than on "local" console like a PS4.

I hope you may come back in future. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Yog1 

that's sad to hear. In some points I'm with you, but not with the pricing. Yes, the prices are higher but you don't buy just the game, you buy the server performance, too. That's why its okay that the games a little bit more expensive than on "local" console like a PS4.

I hope you may come back in future. 🙂

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Totally understand game pricing will be higher , but double the price is extreme , and like many businesses you have loss leaders to gain traction and to make your business attractive for new customers .

Get people in , get people buying games so they are invested and they will understand the benefits of higher priced games afterwards when they are enjoying the platform.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I do not really mind the price of Games since we save a lot by not having to buy a gaming device... What bother me is the lack of communication from Google.... This is the most important gaming month and yet Google is silent... We have better odds of intercepting an intelligent alien radio signal than intercepting a Google Stadia news... It is so weird how silent they are... This is not like launching a pixel phone where you can rest a bit... I almost feel like disrespected by Google... If it wasn't for crayta I would have cancelled my pro sub

0 Kudos
Community Member

If you compare prices with other platforms you must keep in mind that this are "old" games on other platforms and "new" games on Stadia.

Publisher sell most of the time new released games on a new platform for full price. Look for example at the prices of older games now released for the Switch.

If you compare the prices from Stadia to Steam they are almost the same. Yes, Red Dead Redemption 2 is there also expensive if not on sale.

You can only try to wait for sales. Sales were realy good and comparable to other lowered prices.

I think it will take about 1 year for a game after realase on Stadia till publishers will permantly lower the price.

On PC it is different were you always can spare a lot of money using key sellers but I have not much experince with this how it has eventually problems with legality and if the sold keys work always.

I only bouth a game key 1 or 2 times and it worked for me but it were games I couldnt get otherwise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I think Google is silent for a time right now because they are building up for a big presentation. They did this before the April Connect and dropped PUBG on that day plus biggest pro month of games. There is rumor of a summer sale and they did speak of another connect soon during last connect.

I think Google has some big things coming....play some games and stay tuned

0 Kudos