cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Game Content

I struggle with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I was hoping that Stadia would launch with an assortment of games.

More specifically I was hoping that there would be games that are not violent (at least not realistic violence) and combative.

Can more titles be added that would be conducive to gamers requiring something not merely entertaining, but that helps with having a positive emotional experience?

I have seen the list of games promised so far and the majority of them are horrific and traumatizing. 

Are you going to bring more positive and constructive games to your platform?

Examples that come to mind are...

• Monument Valley
  • Alto's Adventure
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Unravel

...just to name a few stunning and beautiful gaming experiences.

Please do not misunderstand. I am so very excited about your gaming platform because it really cuts down the initial cost of purchasing an expensive box every few years to keep up with game quality trends. Your platform really impresses me as a form of ambient computing that meets interactive entertainment. Thank you for this!

But please can you diversify your game content for those less interested in gratuitous macabre and trigger happy game titles. I've begun to feel that first-person shooters are all that there are. In our present culture, I don't enjoy simulated shootings. I live ~25 minutes east of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. (I live in Deerfield Beach, Florida.)

I am a Broward County Public Schools music educator and an Army Reserve Soldier. I work with children and wish they had an abundance of positive alternative choices on mainstream gaming platforms. I hope your platform becomes a real and innovative competitor to Microsoft, Sony, Apple, and more.

Bottom line: As an addition to popular mature games, will you promote less violent gaming content?

Thank you for your time.

Kindly,

David Moore

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Stacks On Stacks (On Stacks) and Lost Words: Beyond The Page sound like they might be right up your alley:

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-Community-Blog/This-Week-on-Stadia-Three-new-free-Stadia-Pro-...

Google also just announced a Stadia Makers program to help attract indie game developers, just the sort of game designers who produce titles like you've mentioned:

https://9to5google.com/2020/03/23/google-stadia-makers/

Stadia's library is still a bit limited but I'm really excited about the direction it's headed. 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@iamdavidmoore 

It’s still a small library, but there are lots of different games in different genres, and plenty of non-violent games to play. The Hardcore games get more publicity probably. But if you actually look at the library, there’s lots non-violent options to choose from.

In Sports you have NBA 2k20 and Trials Rising. There's 2 racing games with Grid 2 and The Crew 2. The four Steamworld games have turn-based fighting (at least the 2 I played) and it's as unrealistic as you can get, and it also is a little humorous and silly. In puzzle/strategy games theres Kine, Just Dance and Thumper I guess. Samurai Showdown is fighting, but also not realistic. It's like Streetfighter fighting, not Mortal Kombat fighting. And then there's the newer games and new announcements of Spitlings, Stacks on Stacks, and Lost Words. 

So there really is a good variety of games to play if you only want non-violent stuff. I'm sure there will be a lot more family-type games as more games get developed. But I think it's a fair balance in the library even as small as it is.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia had only be there for 4 months... We need to give it time for more games to come

0 Kudos