cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Final Fantasy XV Blurry

Jump to solution
Final Fantasy XV Blurry

Anyone else playing FFXV? For me the game is blurry.

I've downloaded the Stadia+ extension, and I don't think it's helped any.

I'm playing on a 4K monitor FYI.

I've tried setting the resolution from the phone app, and in Stadia itself.

Did I mess it up by setting it in both?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

The game I believe is 1080p 30fps upscaled to which ever resolution the stream is going to use, ontop of that there is compression due to the nature of the streaming technology. Compared to ff15 running on my PC native, I have noticed its quite a bit more blurry and have come to the personal conclusion it was a 'meh' port of the title though still fully enjoyable.

is this blurriness outside of what you have come to expect from other stadia games?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The resolution is device independent so changing the settings on one device will not affect another device.

Do you have a strong connection? Ethernet perhaps? If your connection is struggling you'll start experiencing quality issues.

Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
0 Kudos
Community Member

The game I believe is 1080p 30fps upscaled to which ever resolution the stream is going to use, ontop of that there is compression due to the nature of the streaming technology. Compared to ff15 running on my PC native, I have noticed its quite a bit more blurry and have come to the personal conclusion it was a 'meh' port of the title though still fully enjoyable.

is this blurriness outside of what you have come to expect from other stadia games?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Member

Setting it to 1080p instead of 4k it looks WAY better now! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes it is. FFXV is far more blurry than say Doom Eternal. Doom is perfect. Sharp!

FFXV running installed via Steam is far better looking. WAY more sharp. Plays in native 4K.

0 Kudos