cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

FFXV Comrades

I'm trying to play Final Fantasy XV's Comrades expansion, but it crashes at the same point after the first cut-scene when you get out of the truck. Is anyone else having this issue?

Here's a video of the crash, it can be recreated on every attempt: https://imgur.com/gallery/PZlc9jN
5 Kudos
75 Replies
Community Member

The exact same thing is happening to me as well. Would be nice if we could get a confirmation on when this will be fixed. Really wanna play online.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I contacted Stadia support, their direction was to call Square-Enix support.
2 Kudos
Community Member

Really? Man, if you call them aren't they going to say call Stadia? This sucks...
2 Kudos
Community Member

same... it's not like Square Enix gave us each a physical copy we can just... wipe off.... Google has the disc lol... THEY should be the ones to fix it... it's NOT just one or two people. I see this happening to me as well. Anyone else?
3 Kudos
Community Member

Google might be holding the disc but if the issue isn't with the disc, which it most likely isn't since the game is already running and streaming, then only Square can fix the software on the disc. I highly doubt Google even has access to the source code for the games.
0 Kudos
Community Member

What do you think? Should I contact Square Enix to get it figured out? Or do you think it'll get fixed soon? Sorry for the questions lol.
0 Kudos
Community Member

This is the information I was given by Stadia support.  I probably won't be able to call until after Thanksgiving if anyone wants to try before then.

"Phone numbers 310-846-0345 Option 4 for Stadia

Their schedule looks like this as per the recent update 9 AM – 6 PM (Pacific) Mon – Fri."

0 Kudos
Community Member

I thought this issue was just me. It happened to me a few nights ago. I'm able to create my character but as soon as I get off the truck to fight daemons in the beginning, it crashes. 

I hope Square Enix can fix the issue soon. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

any solution??

0 Kudos
Community Member

Unfortunately still no solution and FFXV Comrades is still broken.

I contacted SE a while ago and they told me to contact Stadia support.

When you contact Stadia support, they tell you to contact SE support.

So only fingerpointing to each other, no solution. When and if there will be one, no one knows.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Do you all think it has anything to do with the DLC becoming its own stand-alone content? I looked up a trophy list and it said after a certain day the DLC got its own trophy list outside of the game.
Love does not despair. Love gives us hope that change is possible
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Fai The whole issue of the DLC becoming its own game only effects the PS4 and Xbox One versions, on all PC versions it's still a part of the main game.
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@mcnichoj the more you know! I didn't know that!

0 Kudos
Community Member

What a shame

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I'll spend a couple hours this morning and see if I can somehow squeeze past the part that freezes.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I think it’s impossible friend, I tried creating different characters and nothing, these have to answer to this error, which is quite serious

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SicarioGamer Yeah I tried about 10 times. Trying to pause, spam buttons, close Stadia right before it happens, nothing worked, RIP.

I've read of someone playing it but they were already past the tutorial on another console and somehow it ported over? I guess that's the only way you can play it right now.

1 Kudo
Community Member

The craziest thing to me about this thread is that Google even allows their reps to say "Contact Square-Enix". As a support center for something we are accessing ON Google's platform, it shouldn't matter if the problem lies with the developer.

The answer users should get when contacting Google is "WE HAVE CONTACTED SQUARE-ENIX and are working with them to resolve this." That's basic customer support. Simple failures like that make me worry about Stadia as a long-term platform.

2 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Xevioso that frustration makes sense but what annoys me the most is that we have no timeline or hunt towards any solution. The save bug in the base game was just randomly resolved one morning. Who knows how long this will be a problem for. It could be a few days to a few months, and that's what really gets on my nerves.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Fai Yeah. But to me it all goes back to the same thing... bad support. GOOGLE should be working with Square Enix to fix bugs, and as you said, they also should be able to tell customers they're working on it, AND give some idea of how long it will take. Developers shoot bugs all the time, Google should at least be able to get a rough estimate on a resolution time. But they're not doing any of that, they just have the Google reps redirecting GOOGLE customers to the developer. That's crazy. It's like... Yeah, we are buying developers products, but those products are failing on Google's platform, so Google needs to answer to those failures even if the fix lies with the developers. It's just horrible customer service to redirect Stadia users and tell us to contact the developers.

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Xevioso you're 100% right. They've made several improvements with communication recently so hopefully they take these moments as learning opportunities.

0 Kudos
Community Member

FFXV has not cross-save as destiny 2 ( I've investigated it) it's a whore.
0 Kudos
Community Member

There must be a way to circumvent it somehow as I am playing comrades on Stadia without issues, but I cannot say how I did it as I only learnt of the bug after playing it for a while. I am a previous PS4 player so if there were any tutorial options they would have been skipped if this was possible, I cannot recall.
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Psychofunkso you never went through the tutorial in the beginning? It freezes and glitches out once you hop off the truck after creating a character and the tutorial interface pops up.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I've tried with chromecast and a MAC and nothing, it just doesn't stop and cross save doesn't have, I don't understand how you can skip the tutorial
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SicarioGamer Yeah it still seems to be broken. I'm pushing back to the top so it gets more visibility. I really would like to try out comrades.

0 Kudos
Community Member

The thing is to try things to see, I will try to try the other DLCs to see if I can pass the tutorial in some way or skip it
1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Received this email from Square Enix:

We apologize for any problems you have experienced. Please note, the Google Stadia software is a third party client, which we do not provide support for. We are unable to provide any assistance with Google Stadia. Please contact Google Stadia Support directly for any assistance with the Stadia client, or Stadia accounts. You may contact the Google Stadia Support by visiting:

https://support.google.com/stadia/?hl=en#topic=9634925

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. As we are unable to assist further, we will be closing this ticket.

Thank you,
Agent Paz
SQUARE ENIX Customer Support

1 Kudo
Community Member

to see if the stadia say something, I think it is bull**bleep** to blame instead of giving solutions

0 Kudos