Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

FFXV Comrades DLC is unplayable for founders

Jump to solution

I'm creating a new thread with a more descriptive title, so hopefully people will understand that it's a thread about a problem and not simply a discussion about the DLC.

As it currently stands the Comrades DLC is unplayable for founder accounts. If you're a player that is playing through a buddy pass and you have numbers trailing behind your name, you're able to play the DLC with no issues. I've contacted Square Enix and they pass the blame to Stadia while Stadia passes the blame to Square.

I'd really appreciate some confirmation that this issue is actively being worked on for the sake of my sanity. It's something I've been trying to play daily for months and it's driving me insane.

Thank you!

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

Re: FFXV Comrades DLC is unplayable for founders

Jump to solution

Praise be to the Stadia God's! IT IS NOW FIXED!

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
16 Replies
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

FFXV Comrades DLC is unplayable for founders

Jump to solution

I'm creating a new thread with a more descriptive title, so hopefully people will understand that it's a thread about a problem and not simply a discussion about the DLC.

As it currently stands the Comrades DLC is unplayable for founder accounts. If you're a player that is playing through a buddy pass and you have numbers trailing behind your name, you're able to play the DLC with no issues. I've contacted Square Enix and they pass the blame to Stadia while Stadia passes the blame to Square.

I'd really appreciate some confirmation that this issue is actively being worked on for the sake of my sanity. It's something I've been trying to play daily for months and it's driving me insane.

Thank you!

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
2 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

Jump to solution

Praise be to the Stadia God's! IT IS NOW FIXED!

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆

View solution in original post

1 Kudo

All Replies
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Jump to solution

@Anarchy : What actually is the issue that makes the DLC unplayable for Founders?  At what point in the game does this take effect, just curious at this moment in timeas I have FFXV and I'm a founder but not yet experienced an issue so far, but in fairness I've been playing other titles more so perhaps its something that I've not yet progressed to?  Thanks.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Mad_Dog_Bravo It happens on the DLC as soon as you hop off the truck and you're actually able to click on something, past the menu and past character creation. I assume it's because the game is trying to pull your Stadia name and the fact that it doesn't have #'s trailing off the end breaks the game. I know there's a hidden #0000 for founders but I don't think the game accounts for that.

If you wouldn't mind booting up the dlc and seeing if you're affected as well that would be really helpful. It would just further prove the theory.

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Jump to solution

@Anarchy : OK, this is where you get the "Your game had a glitch" message after you jump out of the truck and are supposed to select a combat tutorial but you can't.

I'll let you know if I hear any feedback on this issue, thanks for flagging it again.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Anarchy
Community Member

Jump to solution

@Mad_Dog_Bravo Correct! I've tried numerous things and without fail it always crashes at that exact point.

Add me on Stadia!
☆ Fai ☆
1 Kudo
Highlighted
hazrpg
Community Member

Jump to solution
I've also been experiencing the same issue, everything is fine right up until the point where you jump off the truck. The rest of the game aside from the Comrades DLC is fine. I too have a Founder's account (with #0000 technically). I'm not sure how else to explain the issue beyond what @Anarchy has said. If I get a moment after work I'll try and post a video on YouTube about it.
1 Kudo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to report this issue in the Stadia Community Forum. Our team is already in the process of an investigation, so I'll keep an eye out for updates and forward them along. Thanks for your patience!
4 Kudos
Highlighted
SteefBew
Community Member

Jump to solution
Another founder here unable to play Comrades DLC either, crashes right after I hop off the truck. Contacted square enix about it but they told me they don't support stadia and immediately closed the ticket.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Samas
Community Member

Jump to solution

@SteefBew  WUT. I'm sorry I gave Square any of my money for their game, I haven't started playing FFXV at all yet but this doesn't make me want to start any time soon. For shame to this company.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mcnichoj
Community Member

Jump to solution
@Samas You still have a full 50+ hour singleplayer experience you can go through and all the other story based DLC works. Once they do fix it then you can jump in the multi at any time as they have separate save files. Why deprave yourself over an entire game over one mode that doesn't work? You already paid for it, might as well get your monies worth.
1 Kudo