cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Elder Scrolls Online release

Jump to solution

This title was used during the announcements for the founders launch, but now is nowhere to be found. No information whatsoever on the release of ESO. Please, even a leak saying it wont happen is better than leading us all on with no information at all. ESO was the reason I preordered the founders edition.

With that all said. Please advise. We are all excited for the eventual release of ESO. We are just chomping at the bit for it. We would love a soft release date please. 

Logan Pochatko
11 Kudos
3 Solutions
Community Member

@Acheraun : No further information published beyond it being on the 2020 list.  I suspect that it will be after the release for XBox and PS4 which is in June, PC and Mac are in May IIRC, so if I was to take a guess I'd say Q3-Q4 release for Stadia, but that is just a guess at this point, and happy to be proved wrong once more information is made available.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

View solution in original post

7 Kudos
Community Member

Official reply on EOS website about "EOS:Greymoor" Stadia release question. We can sleep well now :).

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49312/~/when-does-the-elder-scrolls-onli...

7 Kudos
Founder
Founder

In the Store... go get it

1 Kudo
34 Replies
Community Member

@Acheraun : No further information published beyond it being on the 2020 list.  I suspect that it will be after the release for XBox and PS4 which is in June, PC and Mac are in May IIRC, so if I was to take a guess I'd say Q3-Q4 release for Stadia, but that is just a guess at this point, and happy to be proved wrong once more information is made available.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

7 Kudos
Community Member

Thank you very much @Mad_Dog_Bravo 

Love what you goes are doing at Stadia. I sincerely appreciate the response!

Logan Pochatko
1 Kudo
Community Member

Same here. If it werent for ESO, I would never have brought Stadia at all, and am currently extremely underwhelmed. 

Under Googles list of Stadia games ESO is liste, as it SHOULD NOT BE as it is NOT on Stadia. Greedy @StadiaTeam lying to their to-be customers. 

4 Kudos
Community Member

Hasn't elder scrolls online been released on console's already for years? What do you mean release in June.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yeah we are looking at a June or before release date. The ESO site says that greymore will be released for all systems including Stadia on June 9th. This must mean that it will already have been released for Stadia or that it will be released at the same time.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Ive looked at everything I could find on eso site and around the darker corners of the web. And only seen talk of the release on ps4,Xbox and PC . I'm missing where it says that could you post a link to the page where you found this information please?

0 Kudos
Community Member

It's coming out the 16 of June. Less than two weeks after ps4 and Xbox.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

The developers (ZeniMax Online Studios) are getting ready for Stadia ^^

Hello everyone!

As you may have seen in our recent article on the website, we’re really excited to launch ESO on Stadia on June 16. Because PC and Stadia players will share the PC megaservers, there are a few minor changes to the PC patch cadence that we’d like to bring to your attention.

Scheduled PC maintenances will continue to occur on Mondays, with the exception of next week’s incremental (6.0.6) which is currently scheduled for next Wednesday, June 3. Normally this would be on Monday, but we need a bit of extra time to get fixes done and into the patch.

After that first incremental, there will be no new patches until after Stadia launches on June 16 – we need some time to get it ready and go through the Stadia certification process. We are scheduling the second incremental patch (6.0.7) for June 29, and moving forward, subsequent incremental patches will occur every other week. If an emergency arises, we’ll of course work with Stadia to get a patch published ASAP. So in general, PC incrementals will now occur bi-weekly, but if needed, we can update quickly.

Note this will not affect our ability to perform hotfixes, or affect any PTS patches or updates.

Thanks for all your ongoing support!

Source: ESO forum

2 Kudos
Community Member

Awesome news thank you I was hoping to be with the PC people I have a few friends that play both Xbox and PC version but thanks for the amazing update not many companies will give a huge heads up like that so definitely thank you and mad respect ! I cant wait to get my hands on it again finally after all these years I'm al

0 Kudos
Community Member

Same reason I preordered founders as well... I'm hoping that we'll see an announcement for the Stadia release with the greymoor launch in June

4 Kudos
Community Member

Didn't Bethesda quickly mention it at the end of their press even (december/january?). I don't remember entirely but I think they said something about giving us more information around E3... They somewhat confirmed that it's coming though. 

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Yes bakken.

They said they will give information at E3 about the stadia release.

It is happening guys. Just wait.

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

I believe they canceled E3, so I think it's safe to ask them to just come out and say something about it at this point.

2 Kudos
Community Member

As someone who's pumped a lot of hours into ESO with cp over 600 last I checked and a load of alts that game is an absolute mess with bugs so can understand why its taking a while to do a stadia port no word is pretty bad, even some details about FPS or something would be decent.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Do Stadia games need ports? Aren't Stadia games actually PC games running on a server, and instead of sending to a local display it streams the output, and converts internet input generated by the user's controller to input on the server's controller.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes, games must be ported to Stadia.

To oversimplify it, it is linux based not windows, and is not simply a VM running.

The major game engine providers support it as a deliverable target now, other engines of course requires work. And then of course each game has to pass a certification process. etc etc.

What you are thinking is more what Geforce Now is, which is literally a VM running a restricted windows session allowing you to play windows games you already own from supported stores like Steam.

1 Kudo
Community Member

They're probably planning it for the launch of Greymoor in June, with the benefit being that you will pay one price for the whole package.  Just like if a new ESO player buys the $59.99 ESO Greymoor game when it comes out, they will get Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr as well.  That's probably better anyway, so you don't have to buy the full edition now and then pay again for an upgrade when Greymoor releases!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Official reply on EOS website about "EOS:Greymoor" Stadia release question. We can sleep well now :).

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49312/~/when-does-the-elder-scrolls-onli...

7 Kudos
Community Member

@Protozeus Dude! Thank you! 

Logan Pochatko
0 Kudos
Community Member

I was also able to link my ESO. Account to my stadia but it did look like this. Link to ( coming soon ) stadia. It was linkable and confirmed my accounts were linked so if thats able to be done it shouldn't be long before we are able to join ESO . here's hoping I'm getting bored of the same games now 

0 Kudos
Community Member

photo_2020-05-25_11-41-54.jpg

 ¿Maybe tomorrow?

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

I can't find it on the official website. Can you share the link?

0 Kudos
Community Member
0 Kudos
Community Member

Haven't seen anything for ESO on the store today but fingers crossed

0 Kudos
Community Member

Coming June 16th! Woot!

1 Kudo
Community Member

Hello, what time is the game available?

5 Kudos
Community Member

bump! what timewill it be Stadia? any ideas? been waiting since 10am BST for this?

5 Kudos
Community Member

also waiting 😮 cant wait for some news 🙂

3 Kudos