cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Elder Scrolls Online - Mouse DPI issue

What I want to know is, the account I linked to Stadia has Greymoor.  However, the free ESO version is just the base game with Morrowind.  Does that mean that even though I have purchased Greymoor from ZOS, I can only play the base game and Morrowind on Stadia?  (Edit: With my account linked, I can access Greymoor without any problem.)  I am having another problem though.

I've spent quite a bit of time playing ESO on Stadia today.  Without addons to the game, ESO is quite difficult to play.  But I suppose that is how it is meant to be played and addons are basically cheating in a sense.  The only problem I have with Stadia at all is that my mouse DPI is not acting properly.  I have to make long sweeping motions with it to move short distances.  ESO is not responding as it should to my mouse movement.  I am using a UtechSmart 16400DPI VENUS Gaming Mouse.  I have tried adjusting the DPI to several different positions, and none make any difference.  I have the proper software for the mouse installed.  Does anybody have any suggestions on resolving this issue?

I have tried a different mouse to see if it helped with no change.  I tried a Razer NAGA.  There still seems to be a slow response to mouse movements during game play.  

1 Kudo
8 Replies
Community Member

I have the exact same issue as well... Controller works fine but I want to play it with mouse on chrome...
What I noticed is that sweeping works fine as long as I stand on a spot, but as soon as I start running the camera starts acting very weird to mouse motions...

I contacted the Bethesda Support on twitter because I think it's the games fault because other Stadia games work fine... and controler works as well...
But they told me to contact Google... No answer yet...

0 Kudos
Community Member

After dozens of mails Stadia support sent me to bethesda support again...
I don't blame them though I also think that it could be a problem on bethesdas side otherwise I would have not contacted ESO support in the first place... 😄

2 Kudos
Community Member

I submitted this ticket to ZOS:  The Game Consultant file is irrelevant to this question, but I couldn't submit the ticket without it. I am trying to play with Stadia, and my mouse is not working properly. I have to make long sweeping motions to move short distances. Another player is trying to get help with this too. All other games on Stadia work fine. Only ESO has this problem. Please don't just forward me back to Stadia. They can't fix this on their own, and you can't fix this on your own. Could someone from ZOS please contact someone at Stadia and discuss this problem and see if there is a resolution. We just want the game to work. We don't care who fixes it, or who's responsibility it is. The two of you worked together to make ESO playable in the first place. The two of you need to talk on the phone and work together to resolve this issue as well. There's absolutely nothing players can do on their own. And it makes ESO unplayable on Stadia.

If they don't work with Stadia to fix the issue then Stadia will have to remove ESO from it's list of games.  It isn't fair to say a game works on a platform it doesn't work on.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I used https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident?fresh 

Feedback/Bug > Stadia > Gameplay or performance / stability > sign in to your TESO account 

You don't need the File there...

Strange thing is that not all people have this issue... I know some people from teh US which don't have it at all...
I am from germany and me and my friends have this issue.
So maybe it is zone related or something like that

0 Kudos
Community Member

@DarklinkFighter try it now.  ZOS contacted me and asked me to make a video of the problem and post it to YouTube, so I attempted to.  The only broadcasting software that would do it was OBS, but in attempting to recreate the problem after several hours of maintenance this morning it appears the problem is fixed.  I'm not having to sweep my mouse across my mouse pad all the time to get my character to move short distances anymore.  I am posting the video anyway, and will forward it to ZOS because I told them I would, but you should try it out and let us know if it works for you now.  Maybe they did something during maintenance.  It was a really long maintenance session from 3 am EDT to 11 am EDT.  Normally they run from 4 am to 10 am.

0 Kudos
Community Member

No sadly for me the issue is still there 😞
But nice to know that it is working for you now 🙂
Hope mine will be fixed as well later.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yea.  I tried it for a longer period of time and the issue is still there for me too.  I did my best.  They suggested a couple of things.  They said to start up ESO in Stadia, hit a key, then click inside the window to recapture the mouse.  That didn't help me.  They also said to restart Chrome.  I have done that over and over, so that isn't fixing it either.  Sorry @DarklinkFighter.  I tried, but there really isn't anything more I can do.  I have a latency checker addon in ESO when I play directly off my machine with addons.  At times quite frequently the checker goes red, reads +999, and can't go any higher.  In Cyrodiil, occasionally the game completely freezes for a few seconds and then I can go on.  I ran Stadia's latency test and it came back that I should have an excellent Stadia experience.  It could be the addons I run causing the lag for me on my own machine I will admit, but it seems like there is a problem with latency between Stadia's servers and ESO's servers for this to be happening.  I don't have any other ideas.  I sent one last message to ZOS asking them if they had any other suggestions, and I told them the game was virtually unplayable on Stadia due to this.  If they reply anything useful I will post it.  Sorry.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I couldn't do what they said.  Hitting any key on the keyboard did not cause the game to lose mouse focus.  To do that I had to alt + tab out, then minimize anything in front of the game and it would say that the game no longer had captured the mouse focus.  Then i clicked inside the window, but there was no change to the performance of the mouse.  It continued to cause problems with the game.

0 Kudos