cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Doom Eternal finally is here, BUT has INPUT LAG

I've been waiting for this day for a long time, finally Doom Eternal comes out. And unfortunately I have to say with great disappointment that it has input lag, in chromecast it is playable but it is appreciated, with keyboard and mouse it is horrible. I will be forced to request a refund, it is something that I did not want to say but it is so.

Is there any hope that google (or Bethesda) will fix it?
2 Kudos
43 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@TekoRaiK  I would recommend experimenting with the smoothing settings in the control options. For controller play  i found that to be effective I was constantly missing with that setting at defaults but its much more effective with it off. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

For me, Doom has only lagged under conditions when any other game would lag (other people streaming Netflix and Youtube at same time.)

I'll add my vote to try 'Limited Data usage'. I use that setting and I think it helps. I don't have a 4k TV anyway, and my connection isn't the fastest. So fun to be playing this on my 2017 pc without having to buy a new graphics card!

- Dr. Hayden- Dr. Hayden

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hello,

I've decided not to refund, this is the main cause:

INPUT LAG (aka input delay) != UNPLAYABLE

I think that Doom Eternal has a good gameplay in Stadia and I enjoy that.

I mean that is sad to think that delay depends (despite another things) to the game and the release.

Comparing Doom with Borderlands 3 the input lag in Doom is very noticeable, same conditions, same network and ISP, same computer, same operating system and same hour of day with the same "other stream services", more than one time, a lot of times and a lot of days is the same situation about the comparison between Borderlands 3 / Destiny and Doom, Doom has more input delay.

This technology is good, but is new, and I think that Google should work to give us a better quality, not only for controller, also for keyboard and mouse. This is my though about that

0 Kudos