cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Doom Eternal finally is here, BUT has INPUT LAG

I've been waiting for this day for a long time, finally Doom Eternal comes out. And unfortunately I have to say with great disappointment that it has input lag, in chromecast it is playable but it is appreciated, with keyboard and mouse it is horrible. I will be forced to request a refund, it is something that I did not want to say but it is so.

Is there any hope that google (or Bethesda) will fix it?
2 Kudos
43 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@Whito Why not try it if you think you might like it. If it doesn’t perform how you like then you can return for full refund within the two hour limit...!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I haven’t tried it with mouse and keyboard but with stadia controller is playable like doom 2016 on my ps4

I had lag issues on my tv before enabling the game mode, now runs well with chromecast on my tv too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Matt1 I don't like to return products. I'll buy it anyway.

I will wait until April 1 there is a very high risk that Stadia closes the service.

But I'd like to get Voldemort fired for being a coward.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Whito Good luck. Let me know how it is...payday Wednesday and it’s on my list of approved treats for the month from the wife!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Oh deal done in 24 hours I will let you know.

Wow his wife has more marketing vision than Google, cheers for her.

If it doesn't work well I'll ask for Voldemort's head again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I've had zero lag at all. It's brilliant, I can't stay off it. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Matt1 

Buy it, it works correctly, very good port, good graphics, high FPS without stuttering.

These are the games that I don't have

AoT, Darksiders, Wolfenstein, FM 2020, Just Dance, kine, serious sam, trials rising, monster energy, spitlings, heist, dig.

I have all the others.

I do not recommend

• Borderlands 3 - stuttering and slow loading of textures
  • Rage 2 - Fps drops
  • Ghost Recon - Low FPS drops FPS low graphics (Stadia's worst port)
  • Metro Exodus - stutter (it's free so you won't spend money, but it works poorly)
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Whito Good to know, I think I’ll get it today!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Whito I used to have stutter in metro Exodus on chrome but since I disabled "location service" it runs perfetly

Ghost recon... Oh boy I was disappointed... I have it on Xbox one S and was expecting a jump in visual quality and 60fps on Stadia... None of the above, same graphics, no 60fps and latency was big... I returned it

On chromecast and phone, I never had any issues, the responsiveness feels like instant (playing with my xBox one controller bluetooth on the phone)

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

maybe because you're using stadia

0 Kudos