cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Doom Eternal finally is here, BUT has INPUT LAG

I've been waiting for this day for a long time, finally Doom Eternal comes out. And unfortunately I have to say with great disappointment that it has input lag, in chromecast it is playable but it is appreciated, with keyboard and mouse it is horrible. I will be forced to request a refund, it is something that I did not want to say but it is so.

Is there any hope that google (or Bethesda) will fix it?
2 Kudos
43 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I refunded 2 have within 30 minutes of play and never had any issues

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Heck, I am pulling the trigger on doom, can still refund it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I I appreciate the advice, but I want (and I think it should be) to play 4K (rescaled from 1800) / 60fps. If you have to reduce the resolution to play well, it doesn't make sense. I don't think that is in my end because In other games I have not had major problems (Destiny 2 perfect, Borderlands 3 very acceptable after its update), in Rage 2 the control was horrible and I refund it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Just played it... No lag. No latency and those here knows my MacBook has issue on Chrome but so far all good

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Lag is not a disaster but it can be appreciated and for a game like Doom it is very important. There is a lot of difference between the latency of Destiny 2 and Doom

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

For me I tried it for like 2 minutes (the first run) and I had 0 lag... I will play again when I come back from the store and post any feedback here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Ok, after playing further, there is no more lag nor latency than The division 2... Those who said there is lag are either badmouthing Stadia or have a bad internet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I dunno if it is lag or what, but the game feels like I'm playing on ice.. has no feel, and the sound has just been super annoying, i bought it last night, i have played it twice, both for about 3 minutes before choosing to quit...  I am on PC with keyboard/mouse. This game is more on the genre of not being hard, just annoying... I have no desire to try to defeat annoying. I guess, I'm no longer interested in this title.. I say pass on it... A stinkerrrrrrrr.

For the record, I thought Doom 2016 was boring. I played it, I finished it, I played multiplayer 2016 until I realized there is nothing more to the game and left.. I really thought the engine would be polished and the new Doom would re-dominate the genre.. But its now 100% obvious.. there is no game designers left in the world who know what makes a game good or care too, everything is about catering to casuals for amounting mass sales... Just dumb artists trying to show off with no clues on game design. I will probably try to refund.

Regards, CackleTV - StadiaClan.com
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@CackleTV 

Oh no man that feels bad I was very excited with DOOM even Division has been a disappointment to me, all my last purchases the games work bad in one way or another.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@CackleTV Well, this is doom... It is not like modern FPS with aiming, crouching, running... Doom is just move, shoot and move more... Not made for everybody. I play it, kind of enjoy it but not a fan. I prefer Destiny or even Halo 5 guardian. It is the perfect game for the casual, just shoot and shoot. Forget strategy, just run blazing... I tried rage 2 on xbox and feel like better since there is more than just shooting

0 Kudos