cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Doom Eternal finally is here, BUT has INPUT LAG

I've been waiting for this day for a long time, finally Doom Eternal comes out. And unfortunately I have to say with great disappointment that it has input lag, in chromecast it is playable but it is appreciated, with keyboard and mouse it is horrible. I will be forced to request a refund, it is something that I did not want to say but it is so.

Is there any hope that google (or Bethesda) will fix it?
2 Kudos
43 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

But in controller and chromecast is playable?

60fps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I was about to pull the trigger but you said lag...?

One guy who live streamed said he has no lag

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Noticed that when watching someone play, probably down to not having a keyboard and mouse which connects via WiFi yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I will wait for more feedback. The division with mouse and keyboard absolutely no lag... If doom has lag..   I already returned assassin's Creed Odyssey and breakpoint because they had latency and no fps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@TekoRaiK 

I am afraid to say, it could be an issue on your end. I played Doom Eternal on Chrome (also streamed it) and did not experience any input lag. 

In the Stadia app, it could be because of the performance you selected. I experience input lag in Chrome (on Destiny 2) when I have my settings on "Best Visual Quality", so now I always play either on "Balanced" or "Limited Data Usage" while using Chrome.

So, try making that change. Perhaps, it could resolve your issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------
mixer.com/StadiaStreamer
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I will wait for more feedback too

source (3).gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I saw on reddit a while back that stadia had a no quibble refund policy something like within 14 days and played less that 2 hours, if true and would strongly advise to confirm yourselves you could always "try" it out.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH that’s true, I’ve taken that opportunity a few times when trying a game and finding I don’t like it. Never an issue if less than 2 hours play. Not sure what max period of days is for certain but 14 sounds reasonable.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@ARGAH  Good advice, but I never return anything ... even physical things, it is more comfortable for me to make a second purchase than to deal with any customer service that will make you dizzy for days.

I just assume I was unlucky and it is better to throw the faulty product in the trash.

And with a game 2 hours they don't give me time to analyze the performance  😞

0 Kudos