Community Member

Does stadia require a monthly payment to play multiplayer like Xbox and PS

Jump to solution

Does stadia require a monthly payment to play multiplayer like Xbox and PS

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@MiniRascal No it doesn't. There's no specific fee/subscription you need to pay just for the purpose of playing multiplayer. If the game supports it, then you'll be able to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
7 Replies
Community Member
Probably.
0 Kudos
Community Member
Defo buying stadia now Ty
0 Kudos
Community Member

Right now everyone that has founders edition has 3 months of pro, however there will be a free version of stadia once it officially launches. My understanding is that you will be able to play for free. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

My understanding is that its included as you can play with people on destiny right now. 

The pro subscription is like xbox live and game pass put together

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@MiniRascal No it doesn't. There's no specific fee/subscription you need to pay just for the purpose of playing multiplayer. If the game supports it, then you'll be able to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
Community Member

You can play for free when it launches next year. The Pro version is a monthly sub but that gets you 4K and better sound (apparently) along with free games.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Just to make it clear:

You will not exactly get better sound. It will be a 5.1 sound.

That means that it will support 5 speakers:

• 3 in the front (left, right and middle speakers)
  • 2 in the back (left and right surround speakers) 

And 1 subwoofer.

So you will only take advantage of the 5.1 sound if you have a similar setup correctly configured. If you have a traditional stereo setup, that most TVs, sound bar (even when it's 2.1 speaker set), headsets has, there will be no difference in sound.

0 Kudos