cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Does anyone else feel lied to and let down?

I mean Google made some huge promises back when I signed up for the founders edition, but the end result was so pitiful I just get irritated looking at my stadia remote. Terrible game library, non “negative latency” and missing features aside. (That horse has been whipped good and proper).

The sheer failure to deliver on all points in a what gets me. Why bundle this with a chrome cast that you obviously knew would over heat, a device that performs worse than a browser + USB combo. Fabricating tales that wireless + chrome cast is not only best, but revolutionary. 

I am not here to have a cry about it, I am seriously chewing on requesting a refund as I cannot seem to find a single strength with this product other than my now curiosity turned disappointment... I also do not wanna throw money into a platform doomed to be axed in a couple of years... anyone got some compelling reasons to stick with this?

Tags (2)
3 Kudos
52 Replies
Community Member

@UchihaJones The way they communicate has improved but its still below my expectation, I played blizzard games for years and so far its not even comparable. I agree with you on this they need to get there head off the ground and organise video podcast and other similarity, after all they own youtube right?
I collect Kudos for living.
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Northlightyeah but I've seen a video where google/stadia sent a stadia to a youtuber and by the gods the pandering level of that video was so high I just couldn't deal with it, it's hard to feel like you will get honest information when google sends you something and basically controls youtube.

I think an amazing strategy would be to let the people who highly doubt the product become believers that way you can really build trust, it sounds like a odd tactic but if they are going to organize a good level of trust you got to get those people first since they are looking VERY Deeply into stadia and trying to be on mark with it's possible failures.

but  yes xbox has https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/06/this-week-on-xbox-december-6-2019/ solid updates Major Nelson is always on point on letting people know whats going on.

Phil Spencer is fantastic on twitter the guy is actually a gamer.

Phil Harrison is non existent he's like in the shadows, they need a hardcore gamer leading the way of STADIA.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yeah looking at the history of cloud gaming, stadia is still atleast a NEW kind of succes. But I also had low expectations.

There have been some minor issues that dissapointed me as they ruined the otherwise mostly perfect experience. Like having NO next-gen gamepad vibration support for stadia version of f1 2020. But really appart from that the games work moslty perfect. Including even when there is screen tearing or color bleeding, and it usually is pretty playable still and fixable with a simple re-launching of stadia.

And I've had no hdr support due to a possible hardware issue, but I've been offered a free replacement by google, which means the support is also pretty nice, tho they do have it busy, but I think for minor hick ups like these, it's acceptable to wait a day or two.

I say this stadia is mostly a great service, because there simply is no other cloud gaming service that is so consistently and persistently operational and functional. Where I can buy a game, own it forever and play it for free whenever I want to wherever I want to.

Wether OnLive, or Vortex, or Liquidsky. All of them have been very limitted in many ways and have had endless more issues that stadia, which compared to those has had 0 comparable big issues, which is miraculous to say the least, but logical considering it's google server infrastructure.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Anarchrist I actually love it. On my setting it's pretty much flawless however it's depend on your internet connection speed and quality. 

Games are coming and so are the features. When the Nintendo switch launched it was a little underwhelming at first to with pretty much Zelda to play.

For Stadia going away I would not worry to much Google just launched a new game studio with 300 employees dedicated to stadia they are serious about it.

Is Stadia gonna last 20 years ? Who knows but I believe its still gonna be there for the final years of console who are the real dying breed.

In a years or so Google will release a new VR headset to work exclusively with Stadia since the issue for VR popularity is hardware and cost related .

Please mark my words and in a few year flame me if I was wrong.

I collect Kudos for living.
1 Kudo
Community Member

I think the marketing/communication was the only significant failure. They've so far been doing better about that. Regarding quality i have no real complaints i dont have 99% of the issues people complain about. The overheating issue seems not to be a real issue with the chromecast so much as mass production. Chromecasts have always gotten warm, thats litterally how they were designed to let off heat. Most users have not had the chromecast crashing issue, and all mass produced electronics have some bad eggs slide by. You only hear about it because people are looking for something to hate on If you got your chromecast with your founders edition they will send you a replacement if you contact support. The service itself the only complaint i have is that the visual quality on PC is not as high as chromecast. Red Dead and Destiny 2 not being true 4k is disappointing but the dissapointment is with the game developers not Google. The hardware has no reason to not be able to hit it. The most likely culprit is lack of familiarity with the graphics engine. Other games do hit true 4k and frankly they look amazing. And Destiny and Red dead still look great and are enjoyable. Just slightly less crisp. Playing on phone works great, chromecast works great. No perceivable latency on those. Multiplayer works great. I beat tomb raider this week and thought it played better than console. I travel a lot and have been able to play from others homes and offices without issue.

Regarding people's complaints about the game library. The arguement is completely dumb. The current hottest selling console, Nintendo Switch launched with less games. The exclusives arguement is also dumb. Stadia isnt irying to sell hardware, so exclusives for exclusives sake are pointless. Exclusives done that way are bad for us gamers. What Stadia needs are exclusives that can only be built on a cloud platform because of the features they rely on. They have already shown they are committed to doing that through their multiple first party studios and hiring big name talent.

For the money i paid it was worth it. I will happily continue buying games on Stadia.

3 Kudos
Community Member

first of all, excuse my english.

Im very happy with the game experience. I don't feel any lag during my games sessions.

But there are points that are not acceptable at all. Things like to play Tomb Raider DE with high resolution or 60 frames, but we can't have both options ON at the same time. We are speaking about a game launched in 2013

Final Fantasy XV looks muchs better in my PlayStaton 4pro than Stadia. The image looks clearer and with more definition and also the HDR is better in PS4.

Stadia has much better hardware than the current consoles, there is not reason to launch games running at 30 frames and less that 4K resolution.

Im agree with some users of this topic, Google must force developers to upload the games with at least 60 frames.

The Stadia store is also ridiculous. We still have the same games than almost month ago, just only one new game few days ago, and of course more expensive that other services/stores

In the other hand. There are not options or posibilities in stadia. such as:

- No message system. This is very important for me, sometimes I receive friends requests and I want to know the reason. Is a friend? neighbour? or just they found my name playing Destiny 2?

- If I am in a party chat voice, the sound of the game (music, effects, character voices) are available only in the headphones. I don't have any option to hear my friendes only in the heardphone and continuos hearing the gameplay in my tv or sound bar.

- No game statistics (total hours, for example)

- We can't see the library of our friends

- Stadia pop up window (stadia buttom) shoul show a clock

- Stadia Store should be included also in the chromecast app

- The Stadia mobile phone app has too much prominence, many settings should be able to adjust also in the stadia app chromecast

2 Kudos
Community Member

I agree. 1000%

1 Kudo
Community Member

To be fair though, Google never promised a huge game library at launch, at least I never saw that promise. They announced the games that would be on the service during 2019 and some for 2020.

Negative latency was also a mention of "maybe something we can do in the future". I feel like people need to listen and judge what's said for them self. Google could have been clearer with their wording, and obviously they should have been. Besides the delivery stuff though, I'm highly happy with Stadia. 

Developers decide the fps and that's been the case for ever. Assassin's creed and games like The Evil Within have this idea of a cinematic experience. I don't agree with it, but if Google said "you have to do this" I wonder how developers would react. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Judging by how indie devs recent reaction to "google blames developers" article it wasn't to hot. I also asked a Indie dev about porting to stadia and they said that would take awhile and priority would be on consoles with a larger userbase.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Developers also said that port games to stadia is very easy. Basically Stadia is a PC

0 Kudos
Community Member

@SecretCode Where did you see that?

I feel like blame is a pretty strong word for what Google said, although that's not worth discussing.

0 Kudos
Community Member

No, actually. It’s been fantastic for me, but I do hope to see quick developments in regards to the game library.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Thanks for all the insight, it was, for the most part, overwhelmingly positive. Which was a pleasant surprise.

I think most folks are very keen on the prospect of triple A games without expensive hardware, something that isn’t a big concern for me, but something I was very attracted to. And the prospects of things like “wireless VR” is very attractive.

i have decided to hang onto my Stadia and give google the benefit of the doubt, but I still think I’ll be playing Cuberpunk on my PS4 Pro, but I hope they find a corner of the gaming market that they excel at, and more over, find it before people give up on the hope

1 Kudo
Community Member

It is 100% fact Google Stadia has falsely advertised its product as 4k at 60FPS to its consumers, you cant sugar coat that. This is the whole point of Pro members paying an additional monthly fee. I'm no rocket scientist here but I believe if they dont fix their pricing model class action lawsuits will be next.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Quite a few miss-steps by Google, all told.

Honestly, I expect a big pivot regarding the actual product they are selling by the time its more widely available.  

Frankly put, Stadia is so niche at the moment - its basically for those with *very specific requirements* and/or early adopters out there that just enjoy trying new tech (like me).

I cannot see Stadia in its current form (and following the current pricing plan / service offerings) winning over your average consumer. 

I wonder if Google has reached that conclusion too, already, and perhaps this accounts for the radio silence (which is somewhat deafening at the moment!)?

0 Kudos
Community Member

the 6 dec i answered that i was content with stadia and how they managed it,and that i was not let down.

But now i actually starting feel let down from the complete and utter silence from them.

I mean we are now four  days from a full month, since the last lifesign from them on their own homepage.

i expected a bit more professionality

But i think i am also a bit damaged from work ( working in project management/digital sales) and one thing i really hate from my suppliers is the silent treament 😄

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos
Community Member

@matzy I cannot see Stadia in its current form (and following the current pricing plan / service offerings) winning over your average consumer. 

I believe the free plan can boost Stadia, I mean do you know how much would cost the next gen console...? Easy $800 - $1000 (console, controller and at least 1 game)

The free plan is what the mass are waiting (670k android install of the Stadia app...), but are google data centers ready for that huge amount of players...? I believe this is the reason they have not released it yet, the need to beef them up. 

And they also can communicate on the fact that Stadia is more powerful than the PS5

0 Kudos
Community Member

Sure PS5 will be expensive, but let's compare Stadia with Steam.

Stadia sold us a test telling us something different.

0 Kudos
Community Member

We customers/users should present a class action lawsuit for misleading advertising on Stadia launch and service.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I would sign on the dotted line

0 Kudos
Community Member

Nosotros, los usuarios / clientes, debemos presentar una demanda de acción por publicidad engañosa durante el lanzamiento de Stadia.

ÉSTE COMENTARIO TAMBIÉN SERÁ BORRADO OTRA VEZ?!?!

Si incluso Apple tenía miedo debido a la lentitud de los teléfonos viejos, ¿por qué Google nos mintió sobre el servicio y no hacemos nada más que ser pacientes?

0 Kudos
Community Member

😂

2 Kudos
Community Member

tumblr_inline_n8zr5lz2711rksxnu540.gif

0 Kudos