cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Do I own Destiny 2 with Founders purchase or do I lose it once 3 months is up?

Jump to solution

Greetings,

With my 140 dollar purchase do I own access to Destiny 2 on the Stadia platform or do I lose access to it upon completion of 3 month trial. I may have been misinformed that once the trial is up I merely lose access to the 4K mode of the game but I can still play. My apologies in advance if this question has been asked.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

@aDashOfCrazy No.

The way I understand is, the purchase of Founder's Edition gets you 3 months of Pro, a buddy pass, the limited edition controller and the CC Ultra. Destiny 2 is there just because you Pro is available to you for 3 months and will go away once that's up.

Add me on Stadia: Deni

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@aDashOfCrazy You only have access to the games that are part of the Pro membership (Destiny 2 Collection and Samurai Showdown as of now), but if you don't renew the Pro membership, you'll lose access to the games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
2 Kudos
Community Member

@aDashOfCrazy No.

The way I understand is, the purchase of Founder's Edition gets you 3 months of Pro, a buddy pass, the limited edition controller and the CC Ultra. Destiny 2 is there just because you Pro is available to you for 3 months and will go away once that's up.

Add me on Stadia: Deni

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
Community Member

It is described on their emails.

When you sign up for a monthly Stadia Pro subscription, you will receive the first three months at no charge. You will enjoy the same benefits in your first three months as in future recurring months of membership. Valid form of payment required at sign-up, but you will not be charged until your first three months have completed, and you may cancel at any time. At the end of the first three months, you will be charged the standard subscription price, currently $11.99/month. If you cancel your subscription, you will lose access to games unlocked in the subscription and any add-on or expansion content that you have purchased for those games. Add-on content is not refundable. If you re-subscribe, access to games that you had previously claimed will be restored, including any add-on content that you had purchased.

1 Kudo
Community Member

It cant be that simple though, can it?  I mean - yes - you will no longer be able to access the game via Stadia, but Destiny 2 has cross-save and a free-2-play element to it, doesnt it?

I assume that whilst you will lose access to playing Destiny 2 on Stadia - not elsewhere.

Perhaps you will lose the access to certain expansions that were unlocked with your Stadia account?  I cant say I know enough about Destiny 2 ...  but it is an interesting point - especially for a game laden with micro transactions ...  I remember thinking this when I heard Destiny 2 was going "free 2 play" of sorts. 

0 Kudos