cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

[Discussion] So many people don't seem to understand - Stadia isn't just a game-streaming service.

So many people don't seem to understand - Stadia isn't just a game-streaming service. It's a Platfor...

Let's talk about it. Any opinions? What kinds of games are you guys really looking forward to seeing?

1 Kudo
11 Replies
Community Member

I'm actually really looking forward to playing Destiny 2.  I think it would also be really cool if they implemented a way to use our Google Play Pass but I know that probably won't happen for a while.  KOTOR would be awesome...

0 Kudos
Community Member

How do you explain that to someone though? Even the media/press reviewers are struggling with it. "It's like using a data center as your PC" oh cool, so we get to connect to a computer in a datacenter? "well not exactly, but kinda, you stream the games to your chromecast or browser" Gotcha, so its like netflix for gaming? "wait..no"
0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm looking forward to Stadia for the convenience. I'm looking forward to the service simply so I can stop buying gaming PC parts altogether. The mobile versions of Stadia is just icing on the cake at this point for me. I still plan on playing primarily from Google Chrome with a keyboard/mouse.

I would love to see Monster Hunter World make it to Stadia.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think there is a lot of skepticism out there, and people are hesitant to put any money into it (especially with Google's track record of ditching products).

I can relate to those people, however I've always been a Google fanboy, I don't see Google ditching something they've spent so much time and money on building, and I think if it does well it has HUGE potential to change the game.

Give the people time, and if it's successful they will come around.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I'm a big fan of PlayStation's line up of exclusives, so I will be staying with at least one physical console. But Stadia is an exciting service with crazy potential. Really excited about playing in different screens depending on your current situation. Hoping a lot of the AAA titles make it to Stadia.
Add me on Stadia: Deni
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

For me it's not really about the games. It's the fact that soon I'll be able to squeeze in some gaming during my work breaks, or being able to play during my work travel (without lugging in my gaming laptop). So it's really about the availability and accessibility 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

Personally i don't take a platform seriously until we get the tentpole AAA's like GTA, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, Fifa etc. 

I just feel like these games are what drive sales in general, and the Stadia will need to have these titles to even think about succeeding.. Nintendo have their own IP that drives them forward and Google doesn't have this right now so they need to start offering the big guns.

Check out my YouTube Channels!
youtube.com/milezee
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC24oz5bgj6pKjZrrCJUfhJg
1 Kudo
Community Member

The potential is all there. We'll have to see 😉

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Gamer for me ultimately, i'd love for them to bring Modern Warfare to the platform. cant beat a good old game of COD! 

Games i am excited for are

- Destiny 2 (embarrassingly enough i never got round to playing it upon its original release, so interested to see it in person)

- RDR2 (really excited in seeing the graphics fidelity in person!)

- Football manager 2020 (being  able to have a football league between my friends which we are all apart of sounds amazing, once the mobile aspect goes live for iOS its going to be a game changer!)

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Flygod nice!

I'm personally mostly looking forward to the games that will be coming out in the future that take advantage of the platform - I've actually got some plans in place to apply and start developing something for this exact purpose 🙂

1 Kudo
Community Member

When are able to purchase the Stadia pro seperately

0 Kudos