cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

#Destiny2onStadia: Clan Tournament.

Jump to solution

#BlackLivesMatter#BlackLivesMatter

This tournament is licensed under Bungie's Destiny 2 Competition License as outlined here: Destiny 2 Competition License Conditions.

Destiny2onStadia.

We are back to usher in the upcoming season with the first ever #Destiny2onStadia Clan Tournament.

When?

Saturday, the 20th of June 2020, at 01:00 PM Eastern Time.

Prizes.

1st Place:

$300 USD

2nd Place:

$150 USD

How will this work?

As a Clan with 4 players, defeat other Clans of 4 in the Crucible. The winning Clan at the end of each match-up will advance to the next round, until the final. Details to follow. This event will be live-streamed on mixer.com/StadiaStreamer , with plenty of giveaways for the audience. So stop by, and watch the best Destiny2 Clans on Stadia compete.

How to participate?

To participate, have your Clan Captain reach out to me on discord.gg/StadiaStreamer , or email me at StadiaStreamer@destiny2onstadia.com  the name of your Clan, and the names of all 4 participants (including the Captain). The Clan Captain must be at least 18 years of age, and have a PayPal Account (to receive the monetary prize).

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------
discord.gg/StadiaStreamer
Tags (1)
3 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong - my ISP was experiencing issues so I streamed through my mobile hotspot, 3 clans had to back out at the last minute causing a bit of discord (which I will address below), and Streamlabs was unresponsive. Despite it all, the tournament went on. It was nice to see those incredibly skilled groups of people battle it out for a chance at the first spot.

ΣTΣRNΛL did just that against Aphelion eSports in the final where they won two games out of three to claim the grand prize. So, congratulations to ΣTΣRNΛL, led by Fly#4518, on bringing out their A game and making history in our very first #Destiny2onStadia Clan Tournament.

Destiny 2 (12).jpgDestiny 2 (11).jpg

Now, we can't talk PvP without a bit of controversy. Because a few clans backed out of the tournament at the last minute, it messed up our brackets, and I know some clans were displeased, because it gave the impression that one clan had it easier than the other. We've heard all the feedback, and to that end, @scarlet and I have made a series of changes as to the sign-up process for future tournaments. You can access some of these as outlined by Scarlet here. In the upcoming days, we will make a few more changes to make sure our competitions remain fair, and all of you are having the best of times. More feedback is always welcome, so reach out to me on discord.gg/StadiaStreamer with all your incredible ideas.

Thank you for this weekend. Competition is all we are about. And Guardians, you've put your best out there. Keep it up.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
2 Replies
Community Member

As promised, a few details and expectations/rules regarding our clan tournament next Saturday, the 20th of June at 1:00 PM ET.

_ Each clan must select a Captain who is at least 18 years of age, and possess a Paypal account to claim the winning prize on behalf of that Clan. StadiaStreamer is not responsible as to how a clan distributes or uses its prize.

_ This tournament will be a series of 4vs4 Crucible games where the winning Clan moves on to the next round until the finals, which will be a best of 3 games between the two clans facing off. The game mode will be Control, and each game will last 10 minutes. The map before each game will be selected by a viewing member of our audience on mixer.com/StadiaStreamer.

_ As moderator (and sadly because Destiny 2 has no Spectator's mode), I must join one of the teams (picked randomly) for each game, but will do my best not to be in the line of fire. Kills on me (including during advantage or power play) will be deducted from the opposing team's score at the end.

_ There are NO restrictions regarding weapons, armors, Supers or exotics. Players are welcome and free to use any gear to their advantage.

_ As Google Stadia does not currently have a chat system, we will communicate through https://mixer.com/StadiaStreamer. Each Clan Captain must check in, in that channel at least 15 minutes (12:45 PM Eastern) before the beginning of the tournament to confirm their participation and see the brackets. Failure to do so will result in a disqualification.

_ If a player disconnects mid-game, the Clan will have to carry on as is. But, that player is welcome to rejoin that match if it has not ended.

_ These rules are subject to change, however, participants will be alerted of any such change.

_ Above all else, have fun, and do your very best.

Thanks.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong - my ISP was experiencing issues so I streamed through my mobile hotspot, 3 clans had to back out at the last minute causing a bit of discord (which I will address below), and Streamlabs was unresponsive. Despite it all, the tournament went on. It was nice to see those incredibly skilled groups of people battle it out for a chance at the first spot.

ΣTΣRNΛL did just that against Aphelion eSports in the final where they won two games out of three to claim the grand prize. So, congratulations to ΣTΣRNΛL, led by Fly#4518, on bringing out their A game and making history in our very first #Destiny2onStadia Clan Tournament.

Destiny 2 (12).jpgDestiny 2 (11).jpg

Now, we can't talk PvP without a bit of controversy. Because a few clans backed out of the tournament at the last minute, it messed up our brackets, and I know some clans were displeased, because it gave the impression that one clan had it easier than the other. We've heard all the feedback, and to that end, @scarlet and I have made a series of changes as to the sign-up process for future tournaments. You can access some of these as outlined by Scarlet here. In the upcoming days, we will make a few more changes to make sure our competitions remain fair, and all of you are having the best of times. More feedback is always welcome, so reach out to me on discord.gg/StadiaStreamer with all your incredible ideas.

Thank you for this weekend. Competition is all we are about. And Guardians, you've put your best out there. Keep it up.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo