cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Destiny losing keybinds

Hi, i have an issue that everytime in play Destiny on Stadia i need to resetup my custom ingame keybinds. How can i fix this? It not that knowen issue that some keys not working (because of some chrome extensions) every time I start the game the keybinds are default again. this is really annoying... any ideas?
2 Kudos
7 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @KUFNUKEM,

to figure out if this is a browser issue, you could try those steps first:

• Delete cache & cookies of the Chrome browser.
  • Deactivate all chrome-extensions and try again. If it works, enable them step by step to figure out which one is causing the issue.
  • Check if you have the actual version of chrome installed.
  • Check if your PC/Laptop has the actual version of Windows or Mac installed.
  • Deinstall your chrome browser and install it again.
  • Reset your chrome flags on chrome://flags to standard
  • Check your device for malware or viruses and try reset your chrome settings to standard

If nothing helps, I would try to reach out to the developers of Destiny 2 to make them aware of the issue, because as it seems that it could be a game-problem, Stadia couldn't even help you with that one.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hello,

how do you think could this be browser related? These are ingame settings of the game. I think i mentioned this in my post. Is there is any local browser relation to the actual game in the Stadia cloud i don't know? If so please tell me because this would be helpful for the troubleshooting. If not please do not post such generic answers because they are not helpful at all. Thank you

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Maybe I misread your post, but it looked like you actually mentioned Chrome extensions, so I suggested to try some browser issues. Sorry if this wasn't helpful at all, it's at least worth a try if you play on Chrome (this was at least what I understood, but well... humans can make mistakes).

If these are ingame-settings, I would recommend you to contact the developer or contact Stadia support to figure out if this is actually a game-problem or a problem with the Stadia controller.

As long as nobody else is having that problem, I think it's very specific. I saw you have posted as well in the Bungie-forum, so I guess if that problem affects multiple people, it would get more attention.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

This is definitely a bug in the Stadia version of Destiny 2 if it is happening to more than you. Let's wait and see if anybody else has this problem, I haven't used custom key binding yet but next time I'm in I'll try changing a few things myself and see if they stick or not.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@BinaryJay   Yes, I have the same issue. Basically, the key bindings get reset to default every time you start the game up. In other words, settings don't save between sessions. If you use keyboard and mouse, most people set up their own custom key bindings so this is really annoying. Made me give up trying with keyboard and mouse because I don't want to spend 5 minutes every time I log on to set it up.

2 Kudos
Community Member

I have the exact same problem.  Every single time I start the game up on Stadia, I have to set my keybinds for mouse and keyboard.  It's extremely frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Community Member

This happens to me (and my son) every time we play in Stadia.  Having to remap 10-15 keys every time is a pain.   

0 Kudos