cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Destiny 2 low fps issue

Jump to solution
I been trying to chase down this issue for some time. I have been enjoying stadia since last month except destiny 2. The first four days destiny 2 ran correctly and looked beautiful. After that it runs slow like I'm at 15 fps a sec but the input timing is fine with no issues. What I noticed was during the initial loading screen, the icon runs smooth until the screen goes black and then the icon goes into this low frame appearance. The reason I'm confused at this point is that this is the only game with this experience. Tomb raider plays beautiful to me along with the other free games. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

OK after I logged into my steam game, and changed my vsync back to 144hz, the game runs fine now...

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
18 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Are you playing on Chromecast or Chrome? Does it make any difference if you disable HDR or adjust the quality through the Stadia app?

0 Kudos
Community Member
I tried the mentioned approaches plus on my phone as well. The problem is consistent across all methods of play with only destiny 2. I also tried to connect computer and Chromecast directly to the modem to cut out router issues. I'll try the methods again to make sure once I'm back home.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I did see another post recently from a user who reported consistently poor performance with Destiny (and only Destiny). That user theorized that perhaps they were getting assigned an underperforming instance. Do you have access to another high-speed wireless network you could test on? That might help change things up in case your IP is getting mapped to a certain instance.

Please also be sure to use the in-app feedback to report your experience. You might want to contact Stadia Support as well to see if there's anything else they could suggest.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Ok I'm leading to an instance issue as well. I wanted to go to a friend's house anyways and try it there later. I'll post my feedback once I try that. 

I contacted stadia support and was told to contact bungie. No response from attempts to contact them. 

0 Kudos
Community Member
I tried stadia at a friend's house with the same results (Evey game works fine except destiny 2). I'll see if I can try other house tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Well it was worth a shot. 😞

Here's the other thread in case you want to try to compare notes with that user:

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Network-Connectivity/Poor-performance-ONLY-on-Destiny-2/m-p/9501

Out of curiosity, where (country) are you located?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for the link.

I'm in the United States of America

0 Kudos
Community Member
Spoiler
EXACT same issue

I actually noticed that the lag only started happening after I enabled crosssave on Bungie so i can play the same character on steam. Did you happen to do that? Another data point is, when i play the same character on steam I do not have this lag, so it is not bungie's problem I suppose.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, too. I just cross saved my character data from my xbox to Stadia and it would start lagging as soon as I enter the character selection page. My internet reaches all the requirements, and I tried ethernet, but it still has that horrible 20fps drop. I think its the stadia servers having trouble loading all the character data all at once and it's causing a bug.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SpottiestJam Have you tried disabling vsync? That seems to have helped other users in this thread.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice How do I do that though

0 Kudos
Community Member

OK after I logged into my steam game, and changed my vsync back to 144hz, the game runs fine now...

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Nocturne Great info. That makes it sound like the cross-save capability might be bringing over "bad" settings stored with the profile. In case you haven't yet, please be sure to report that through the in-app feedback option.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Nocturne, you're the man !

0 Kudos
Community Member

What was it set to before you changed it?

0 Kudos
Community Member

For me to fix it, i had to turn Vsync off.  On my end, stadia would set it back to 36 FPS when I set it to 144.  I'll accept @Nocturne answer though.  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@SpottiestJam I'll be honest, I'm not exactly sure. It sounds like you'd need to look for that setting from your XBox Destiny game and change it there. Stadia is my only gaming platform so I'm afraid I don't know precisely where you'll need to look for that option.

0 Kudos
Community Member

OK. Thanks anyways.

0 Kudos