cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MyFS
Community Member

Destiny 2 in the store

What I want to do is cancel my pro subscription and then purchase Destiny 2 + content, but it appears we still don't know how Stadia is going to offer Destiny in the store, whether they're going to sell it or offer the free to play version with the option of buying content. Since Google and Bungie remain silent on the issue, I guess my only option is to wait until my subscription lapses on the 21st and then see how it's offered in the store (unless anyone has heard different).

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

Destiny 2 is free to play so Stadia need to confirm its stance on free to play games, I expect you will need to continue paying the monthly sub to access said games.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MyFS
Community Member

@ARGAH  I see what you're saying, but if the general public aren't allowed to play or purchase Destiny 2 when Stadia base launches then it's hard to see how they will ever get Destiny's player base to grow with only pro subscribers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

You can't purchase destiny anymore, it's changed to a free to play/season pass model, there is no game to purchase 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

So basically you are more than likely going to have to purchase a sub to access.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MyFS
Community Member

You make some really good points and I'm afraid you may be right. The only hope I'm holding onto is that the game in the pro subscription isn't Destiny 2: New Light, it's Destiny 2: The Collection, so I'm hoping maybe they'll be selling The Collection to base customers, which could turn it into another game they can sell and help boost how many people are actively playing it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

I can't see them selling it tbh, imagine the outrage if people got it free on other.platforms and had to pay here, maybe for a bonus with Stadia sub we will get season pass free who knows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MyFS
Community Member

I believe I've discovered a new Destiny 2 item in the store that wasn't there at launch. If you select Destiny 2: The Collection in the store and then scroll down, in the "Add-ons in this bundle" section there's an item called "Stadia Pro Access (Destiny 2: The Collection)", which I don't believe used to be there. I wonder if they created this add-on so that there would be a way to differentiate between pro subscribers who get all Destiny content for free and base subscribers who would have to pay for access to expansions, seasons, etc.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ARGAH
Community Member

From an economics point of view it wouldn't make sense for stadia to allow anyone to play anything absolutely free considering cost of running servers, maybe they will but with restrictions like gfn do so limited time access per session or per week etc. guess we will find out in the next couple weeks when people need to resub.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MyFS
Community Member

I agree providing it for free wouldn't work, but perhaps selling base users the Collection package and then making them buy all future expansions/seasons could work while giving all pro subscribers future expansions/seasons for free through the pro subscriber add-on? This might minimize the free to play uproar since all of the expansions and seasons in the Collection package have a significant monetary value that someone would have to buy in order to play.

0 Kudos