cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

December 4th [Pro] Update

There are absolutely no Pro discounts active now. Is that really the approach here Stadia!? Was thinking there would be something on a Pro discount, anything, as the prior "sale" expired. Pro is looking less and less like a value add, to me. Again, IMO, failure to set expectations via proper communication, leading to disappointment.
1 Kudo
13 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I know what you mean, but I guess, having not all the time Stadia Pro discounts active is one of the marketing strategies of Stadia. I could imagine though that they'll bring a christmas-sale soon, because that would definetely makes sense.

At the moment there is not much for Stadia Pro that's true, but you should not forget, that Stadia is relatively fresh on the market. If they continue to bring 2 free games each month, Stadia Pro will soon become kind of a "netflix for games", because you can claim a lot of games for free then (new customers need to check though if some of the "old" claims are still available). But I guess, sticking with Stadia Pro could be worth after some months definetely. Any if not: Just cancel the subscription next year and use Stadia Base and only buy games when you really want/need them.

Personally I think there is still a lot to improve for Stadia, but for the moment they seem to be on a good way!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia has literally been out for 2 weeks, people are expecting way too much. I can't think of any other platform that has launched and had discounts on day one or let alone the first year. Cut some slack.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

But they are literally one of the biggest company on earth.  

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It kind of doesn't make sense to rotate the current slection of games in and out of sale.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I don't have any idea why the OP expects there to be a sale going on all the time.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

NVM I'll wait and see for myself.

I am personally watching their pricing structure very closely.

I won't spend a dime on STADIA if I can get it some where else for cheaper. I've said this before the best thing to do is get it for exclusives first party titles or those games that come out exclusively for a few months on stadia.

Right now Darksiders is 28.99 on steam I am curious what the price will be for  STADIA.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Every Pro Sub includes A, B, and C, and that's what you pay for, then that's what I expect, as a consumer.  Stadia is saying, well, I'll give you A and B, but C only 50% of the time during a month's time.  Well, let me pay $7.50 instead, haha.  What I'd do/suggest is always have a Pro discount out there, and doesn't have to be on everything either.   Pick a bundle where you have enough margin, and you're making it slightly more attractive enough to clench a sale.  Pick a low volume selling title, and give it a Pro discount, attempting to move more units that way, so to speak.  What I strongly disliked was the so called Black Friday which felt more like a Stadia Black Eye, lol.   Do not mix up seasonal temporary sales with Pro discounts, Stadia!  They are not equal.   Seasonal sales should always exists, and it's good business, but muddling them by calling them Pro is diluting what Pro is.  Show a multiple level discount approach to the consumer, and i guarantee that sells more.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

"Black Friday has arrived here at Stadia and everything is 15% off.   But wait, there's more!  If you're a Pro Sub, you get an ADDITIONAL 5%!  Happy Holidays, from us at Stadia"  More or less how it should have been pitched/approached, IMO.  

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I figured they would be doing this moving forward as well really selling hard how much benefits you get as a stadia pro user.

1 Kudo