cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kora
Community Member

Darksiders Genesis Issue

I've completed Chapter 1 on my in my first save slot at least 6 times, but the game wont let me advance to Chapter 2. I've looked for Darksiders Genesis forums on the THQ web site but could not find a link to report the issue. My second save slot lets me advance to the chapter 2 content.

Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have the link for the Darksiders Genesis web forums?

Thanks

Kora

1 Kudo
14 Replies
Highlighted
Kora
Community Member

Darksiders Genesis Issue

I've completed Chapter 1 on my in my first save slot at least 6 times, but the game wont let me advance to Chapter 2. I've looked for Darksiders Genesis forums on the THQ web site but could not find a link to report the issue. My second save slot lets me advance to the chapter 2 content.

Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have the link for the Darksiders Genesis web forums?

Thanks

Kora

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stoked4Good
Community Member

Re: Darksiders Genesis Issue

Thank you for the heads up.  I'll look to avoid using slot 1, if I can.  Have you tried reaching out via social media, like Twitter?   Tagging Stadia, Darksiders, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kora
Community Member

I don't think it really has to do with save slot 1. I think the backend code some how got confused about my progress. On my first run through I started the second chapter, but logged out after it loaded. From then on I could never get back into chapter 2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4ScarrsGaming
Community Member

I had this happen after I finished Chapter 2. I went and talked to Vulgrim and got half way through talking to him and I had to getup and do something. When I came back 15 mins later my session had timed out. Now when I talk to him it's just the items he is selling. It says I still need to talk to him but I can't and there is no way to start Chapter 3. I even went back and played Chapter 2 again and it didn't resolve the problem. Looks like I am going to have to start over again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Eze
Community Member

That’s exactly what happened to me except can’t get to chapter 4.   **bleep** man. Waste of 3 hours if I gotta replay 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Expensiveham
Community Member

Same thing here I can't progress to chapter 2.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

This is not good to hear. Hopefully it's not another save issue like FFXV.

I couldn't find any official forum for Darksiders, but I found their Reddit sub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Darksiders/

With just the keyword 'save' only resulted 3 posts, nothing related to the issue you guys are having.

At this point, it might be best to send feedback through the Stadia app so Google is aware of the issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Kora Ok so I might have find something. In the Steam community for this game, there's someone also having save issue, and apparently one of the developers chimed in and tried to help. He was asking OP to send him an email. Look for the username: AndresMakesGames

https://steamcommunity.com/app/710920/discussions/0/1754646027383610189/

I checked his domain - airshipsyndicate and a quick research actually shows they're actually the developer for Darksiders Genesis. So it might be worth a shot emailing them (email address is somewhere inside the thread)

Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kopik
Community Member

Same issue here... on 6th chapter. All because of stadia kicking out due to inactivity.... 6 hours to redo...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stoked4Good
Community Member

Around unlocking the Arenas, Ch 6-7, that's where it pooped out for me, but not for my friend, oddly enough, who I had played with me the whole time, up to that point. Kept saying I didn't have progression to continue w him. Tried beating the Arenas multiple times, redoing the Ch 6 Boss, talking to everyone, but nothing helped. Seeing as my buddy and I are loving the game, he didn't mind indulging me in starting over with my account. In roughly 6-7 hours later, lol, we were back where I had left off. THIS TIME, we took the Arena part slower, and I didn't collect rewards from them till back at "home". That did the trick, didn't get stuck, and we were able to continue our co-op into Ch 7. There something about collecting the rewards in the Arena end screen, vs back at home. That's my glitch theory at least. We're loving the game, even with said save hiccup and others. Wishing it was a much longer game, and would gladly had paid 60.
0 Kudos