cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Crazy lag and latency today

Has anyone experienced crazy lags today?

Since this morning playing Stadia became a pain, especially Metro Exodus on Mac, the lag makes the game unplayable... I then tried destiny 2 and still a lag but less than Metro. On Chromecast, destiny 2 while a bit more lag than usual, it is not bad, you notice the lag but very small while usually I can not tell the lag but Metro Exodus the lag is big even on Chromecast... Am I the only one experiencing this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member

@jayo2k : I'm in the UK and not noticed any issues with games today.  Just fired Metro up and that is running really bad.  So for me I'd guess it's a Stadia side issue, doing stuff on their n/w is my guess.  ProjectStream reports 476.7 Mbps, and gcping gives me 20ms-25ms to London DC.  Tried a restart of browser, didn't make much of a difference.

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if it is still in the same state or not.

BTW, I did get a questionnaire, so made sure that I gave game quality feedback.  I try to get in a habit of doing that, hopefully they look at it...lol

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo 

TO me, usually on mac there is no latency, but a drop in frame rate and frame jumping but not latency but today, I had a big latency, sometimes, pressing the spacebar, you hear the character jumping but you see him doing it like 1 second later, like that guy in that viral video showing the lag...

0 Kudos
Community Member

I finally found the culprit... It was sadly that chrome extension... As soon as I removed it, the latency was gone... But the drop in FPS especially during intense movement was still present.

0 Kudos