cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Could we get frame rate and resolution added to game store pages?

I hesitate to buy games because I have no idea if I’m buying something that’s 30fps, 60 FPS, 1080p, 4K, upscaled etc

i think it should be store policy that games post maximum frame rate and resolution for any game posted on the store. 

3 Kudos
8 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Geezuz Have you got the invite code yet? If yes, you can submit feedback  to Stadia straight from the app. That's probably the best way to make sure your voice is heard.

I remember this was one of the most popular requests during Project Stream test, so I'd love to see it being included as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

I strongly 2nd this notion.  Full transparency is the best policy.     HDR?  Yes/No.   Peak Resolution?   Upscaled?   FPS?   

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Geezuz :  I've been struggling to get this information too.  Support can only read from a pre-defined script that basically follows the line that because Phil Harrison said everything 4K/60fps that it must be true...

In reality we know that there is 2xEncode, and upscaling involved to convert everything into 4K/60fps, which lets face it, is an insult to the community at large IMHO, and still support will continue with the same frame of reference that everything is 4K/60fps.

I did try to get over this rock solid stance, but eventually I gave up, it would have been easier to get blood from a stone than try to get Stadia support to see my point of view.

Heck, I even pointed out that on the Red Dead Redemption 2 details on the Stadia app it states 4K maximum output resolution & 30 FPS maximum frame rate.... but to no avail, the battle hardened support representative ignored my appeals for common sense to prevail and again pointed me to the infamous Phil "H-Bomb" Harrison tweet where we are informed that everything is 4K/60FPS, and possibly 30FPS 2xencode for "artistic reasons", but it is still 60 FPS right....

So, do I reckon we will see this information anytime soon.....my gut feeling says No, but it will eventually have to get released at some point...I hope.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

An OSD for frame rate / resolution / bandwidth would be great too.

1 Kudo
Community Member

What's OSD?

0 Kudos
Community Member

On Screen Display - showing frame rate
1 Kudo
Community Member

I agree on that suggestion. Full transparency would be great when it comes to purchasing a game.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I used the feedback button on the app a week or so ago to sugget that in the details section of the game listing it should a section that looks like this for example: Resolution Supported: 1080p/60FPS, 4K/30FPS
1 Kudo