cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Coronavirus

I thought Google, would enjoy another companies, and would bring any freeplay posibility. I mean, any extra game in stadia pro users account.

1 Kudo
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I honestly do not understand what is Google doing...

My only explanation is that their data centers are not ready for mass market yet because they basically have a god given opportunity but seems to have gone silent yet again...

This crisis will hit people in their wallets, next gen consoles will be cost prohibitive, Stadia apparently will have 120 games this year (a bit skeptic on that), it is like all the stars are aligning for cloud gaming and yet not a single move, only a app ad (which is far from explaining the service, someone who never heard of Stadia won't know what it is by just seeing the app ad...)

I mean Stadia is more powerful than the upcoming PS5 in pretty much every category even the SSD bandwidth (448gb/s for PS5 and 484GB/s for Stadia)... (funny how Sony fanboy are doing damage control on the PS5 saying it is way more efficient than the Xbox one X and the only thing they put forward is the bandwidth...)

GeForce now support Ray tracing (ok I tried Quake 2 with RTX... well, not mind blowing, will wait for new game to test on)... At least GeForce now are being aggressive they add games (and lose games...)... I am already wondering where I would play Cyberpunk because GeforceNow support RTX but Stadia allow me to play on my TV...

Google need to wake up

2 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

They'll release it to additional markets when they are good and ready.  Covid-19 isn't going to force their hand to rush something out, especially as they should focus their efforts on looking after their employees and contractors etc.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@jayo2k 

Yes, its some kind of a double egded sword for base release now, to be honest. It would be the best situation to release base in terms of the moment perse, but the worst in everything else.

So yes, people are @home and don't know what to do with all their free time but i don't think google has yet the server capacities to handle this mayhem, if they would release it now. Some ppl on reddit even experienced performance drops in the last days for some games on stadia, because the server capacities are more in use currently than ever before.

If we look at one of the competitors like GFN for example and their free model, than we see that their datacentres are literally done atm. complete overcrowdet with performance drops all over the place.

Also the support and everything regarding the base model would having a huge problem do to the pandemic with slow responsiveness, outtages etc.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@ChronosP well, I did tried GeForce now free base, I had to wait like 42 people in queue, I even list a spot because I though it would be like stadia where you click Play... So I had to wait twice... But that session convinced me to subscribe to the pro version because it ran smoothly. See the free tier turned me into a customer... I claimed the stream free games and watchdog 1 since it is free... 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

i’m new to stadia and hoping it works out, i’m experiencing the lag and hope we get more community play out of this playform. my biggest thing is nba2k is 30 dollars everywhere and it’s still 59.99 here, so they price match! 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@CoolLikeThat206 It might very well be free on pro next month.. I mean it is on gamepass

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@CoolLikeThat206 

unfortunately, you probably missed the discount on NBA2k a while back ago. Pro deals coming and going here, prices and pro deals are set by the publishers themselves, not google. But what do you mean by community play? Playerbase or features? The stadia community itself is awsome. Never experienced any toxiness in any game from someone, and community events like grid racing (for instance) etc. appearing regulary weekly.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

It is embarrassing if you do not react to covid in a generous way. I am speaking as a Founder. Everybody's else is showing generosity. 

This is your time or no time. As a paying subscriber we are most ok with a decline in quality/bandwitch if you help ppl go thought this.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

You mean because of the pandemic Google should offer the pro tier to more people? For free? Want to elaborate a little more on what you think it is they should do? Just curious. 

0 Kudos