cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Classic games?

I believe that Google should let us buy, and play classic games. All the way back to the NES. I bet the Devs of the classic games would be willing to sell them again on Stadia. Classic games on Stadia would be awesome. I imagine that Stadia could be an Emulator killer. Classic games would definitely not suffer from any latency issues. It might be just me, but I doubt I will be purchasing Brand new games on Stadia. What do you guys think of playing classic games with Google Stadia? Classic games are not the future of the gaming industry. But, I bet that classic games will bring a lot more players to the platform. Do you agree?
3 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Member

Big fan of Mario bros myself so can't wait to find them on stadia

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well, there are some issues that are more related to rights and exclusiveness than related to hardware.

It will simply be most difficult (of not directly Impossible) to see a Mario game outside a Nintendo console. Bit even when it's true what is said about paying for a game you can play for free in an emulator, other consoles do sell old games.

Anyway I also think the primary Target for Stadia is not this King of games.

0 Kudos
Community Member

If love to play classic games on Stadia. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Adams Family, Mario Bros, Gauntlet, doom, etc 

I know they are free using emulators, but i'd have no problem paying a couple of dollars to have a legit version. Plus the developers who created the games should get a cut.

1 Kudo
Community Member

lol, how could Stadia kill emulators?
Playing the game for free vs paying for it.
Who do you think wins there?

0 Kudos
Community Member

OnLive had Genesis games so it's not an impossibly.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Good point 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I would enjoy classic games.

The norns and Mario are my special favorites! 😄

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@StevenRice I do agree having classic games would be nice, but I feel that may not be Google's priority as of now. Almost every computer/phones can run classic games. The main advantage of Stadia is you're able to run AAA games without having to invest in gaming consoles on high spec PCs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

They won't be able to get SNES/SEGA games but they do have the option of classic PC games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HEcNqQm9Xc - I would love to see diggles a game voted for big time on GOG

since you can use a mouse and keyboard this is quite a fee PC classics they could bring back pretty easy.

6 Kudos