cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KcSkillz
Community Member

Character randomly stops moving

I think there is a problem with Stadia running on Google Fiber. Since launch I have been using Stadia with 100mb internet from Spectrum and everything worked perfectly. I moved into my new place last weekend with Google Fiber 1GB and now my character stops moving randomly. I tried multiple games & experiencing the same issue in all. A quick Google search and there are multiple people experiencing this same issue. After looking at their post we all have Google Fiber in common. What do you guys think? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@KcSkillz I also have Google Fiber but I don't have any gameplay problems. Since you just moved into a new place it sounds like there may be more variables in play than just changing service providers. 

What can you tell us about your home network - beyond the Google Fiber Network Box? Are you using the Network Box as your home router or do you have another router plugged into it? Are you experiencing this problem while playing on Chromecast, Pixel phone, or the Chrome browser on a computer? Is that connected to WiFi or is it a wired connection?

The more details you can provide, the better. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
KcSkillz
Community Member

@codesplice Thanks for getting back to me. I am using the Google Fiber network box as my router. The issue is taking place on both Chromecast in my home, one wired and the other wifi. I just tried on my Pixel 4 (connected to my home network) and the issue doesn't appear to be taking place there. Is there any other pieces of information that would be helpful? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hmm, interesting. I've got a 3-pack of Google WiFi pucks downstream from my Fiber Network Box (well, one of them physically downstream and the other two meshed to it). Chromecast is wired to one of the other pucks which is linked wirelessly to the "master" node and then wired to the Network Box. I'd really expect my setup to have more issues than yours given the added hops, but I've only lost the controller input signal for a moment or two over the months I've been playing Stadia.

I wonder if your controller is struggling for a WiFi connection at times? That would seem to jive with not having the problem while playing on your Pixel 4. Maybe use something like WiFiMan to check out the signal strength where you usually sit with the controller? Check for not only strength but also any overlapping SSIDs and see if you might need to adjust your Network Box channel settings to avoid congestion.

0 Kudos