cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can we get a dark mode for this website?

Can we get a dark mode for this website?

10 Kudos
12 Replies
Community Member

Agreed for now there addons/extensions for the major browsers that can help.  Personally I like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-night-mode/ for firefox.

------------------
If you want to add me as a friend my Stadia name is the same as my community name.
0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@MuricanGamer I second this idea. If I can, I would dark mode everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

You already can! Just get the Dark Reader plugin for chrome. 

2 Kudos
Community Member

Right? I'm getting a headache from this brightness. .. because spending time here is better than playing the pathetic game selection that's been offered.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Im using darkreader.org.

Its a plugin for any browser and works very well ❤

1 Kudo
Community Member

Not to mention a better default font. I feel like the web designer in charge here cares more about the site being pretty than being functional.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I second this white it's hurting my eyes!!

I collect Kudos for living.
1 Kudo
Community Member

I have enabled the force-dark-mode experimental flag in Chrome. Works okay for most of the web,  actually. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Larris 🤣 funny story - I just broke my Pixelbook REAL hard. I searched chrome://flags for 'dark' and enabled all 3 flags that showed up in results. Because it seemed like a good idea. NOT. Basically everything went back across the whole OS. No window I brought up, even internal dialogs like Settings, would show me anything but black. Could not even enter powerwash at startup - like, EVERYTHING was borked.

But hey, you can always blow the OS back on from a USB recovery stick, so here I am telling you about it on the recovered device! Now I need more🍷- fun times 😎

0 Kudos
Community Member

Oh no @PatMan!  Sounds like quite an ordeal. I hope it wasn't that I failed to be precise in my tip. For future readers:This is the flag we want to enable, and no others for now: chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Larris no blame on you, I saw the one you intended but somehow figured that setting two more experimental flags AT THE SAME TIME was a good idea. I'm still looking at me with severe side-eye over the whole affair!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Better yet, this community site should be integrated into the Stadia app as a default. One app to rule them all! 

E475EC8C-60B5-4B6B-BCD4-3D99A2BF44D7.jpeg

0 Kudos