cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can we expect Resident evil 3 on stadia?

Hello.

Wonder it we can expect Resident evil 3 on stadia?

I think i saw something about they working with capcom, but the trailer for the game showing it releasing 3 april for PC Xbox and ps4, nothing about stadia.

1 Kudo
8 Replies
Community Member

@Raymond87 : Capcom have yet to make any public announcements for their lineup on Stadia.  Same for EA as well, they too haven't announced any of their lineup for Stadia, although we are expecting announcements from both companies in due course, nothing has yet been confirmed for 2020 and beyond.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I see, that is a shame..

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well, i would love to have Re2 and Re3 remake here on stadia, this would also add an unique option to stadia since  capcom is pretty stubborn about releasing their stuff on any cloud service or related platform atm. I would really love to know why thats the case? They currently removed all the capcom titles from GFN aswell. And they're also not on xcloud or ps now, so.. its a little mystery, when it comes to them. 🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
Community Member

I didnt know that, mystery yes.

So when we cant get RE3 on stadia i hope we soon can get some announcment and release date for other games. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@ChronosP 

Capcom currently has four games on GamePass, so it's probably Microsoft that opted not to push them to xCloud... YET. Eventually the entire GP catalog will be playable on xCloud as will ALL digital Xbox marketplace purchases. As for PSNow you're flat out wrong, they have 19 titles on there. Mostly last gen stuff but they're still on PlayStation's cloud streaming service. They also had games on the very first cloud streaming platforms OnLive and Gaikai. Just for overkill, they're also one of three companies that have a cloud streaming game on the Switch with resident evil 7.

It's possible Capcom pulled their games from GFN because they want to put stuff on Stadia instead. Why let people stream a copy of Street Fighter V they already own on Steam via GFN when they can let them buy it again on Stadia? Cap loves reselling games after all.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

@mcnichoj 

I personally think that the situation with GFN, was Nvidia not doing their legal due diligence before going live. And I know people online getting salty about developers and publishers pulling their games from GFN don't want to hear this, but GFN is not a PC in the cloud as some people claim. The fact it has its own user interface (UI) that is not or does not take you into a Windows 10/Linux/Mac desktop, means it is legally possible to argue it is not a PC even if it is using PC hardware and Windows 10 in the backend. It is rather a platform. For example if I remember correctly, the PlayStation 4 uses a highly customised version of BSD/freeBSD but it is not a BSD desktop and the UI has been written for a specific purpose. So, while it is possible to go through the pain of setting up steam on freeBSD and playing games that way, it is a whole different thing legally if Sony just pulled Steam games into their UI.

It is the same thing with Stadia. Stadia's application UI is a highly customised for single purpose version of Debian Linux. Legally, however, for Stadia to backdoor into Steam to access games that are already native on Linux, there would have to be legal agreements in place between Google, Valve, and the various developers and publishers around not just technology, license fees, but also distribution of fees for games on Steam but played on Stadia or sold on Stadia but played through a Steam account on PC. If these types of conversations were to  came up, negotiations would get complicated quickly.

Where Nvidia made their mistake for marketing and setting GFN up exclusively as a gaming platform and choosing not to give subscribers access to a full Windows virtual machine (VM) in the cloud. This is the big difference between GFN and Shadow and why people get things mixed up. With Shadow you get a full Windows 10 VM in the cloud. You can use it for what ever you want including gaming. They give you a Windows 10 VM in the cloud and you install on it whatever you want. So when you install a steam game in Shadow, you are installing Steam on a Windows 10 VM and installing your games on that VM using Steam as you would on your local desktop/laptop PC. So legally, Nvidia's decision on the UI and marketing is ultimately what is likely causing them the trouble. Shadow unlike GFN is not directly piggybacking off someone else's IP whereas GFN appears to be.

If Valve launched their own Steam cloud gaming service they wouldn't have the problems GFN is because the games were already on the Steam platform/market place.

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

At some point I guess indeed we'll have Resident Evil on Stadia. But I know Capcom enough. They'll release the old ones starting with Resident Evil 4 first, then the remake of the first.

I personally hope their first release will be monster hunter world.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Capcom has already allowed for resident evil 7 on Nintendo switch through a cloud platform

0 Kudos