cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Can't link Uplay with Stadia

Hi there,

I bought "The Division 2" and was hoping to use crossplay to play with friends that are on PC.

Browsing the web I found out that it has to be done via Uplay side:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/fkfzuc/how_to_add_friends_whom_are_on_pc_division_2/

I already own a Uplay account where I have games for other platforms, so what I did is look for my friend via Uplay's web interface and add him there. In theory, he should then show up for me inside the game.

The thing is, it looks like my Stadia account is NOT linked to my Uplay account.

This is what I see from my account preferences:

Screen-Shot-2020-03-22-17-58-43.91.png

There is no option to add Stadia there.

I searched the internet for how to link it, and I found this Uplay support page: https://support.ubisoft.com/Faqs/000051842

It says that when I log into the game in Stadia it should show this pop-up:

000051842_engb_StadiaLoginCreate

I do not see it. Another person in Reddit seems to have the same problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/fkhhsw/trouble_connecting_uplay_to_the_division_2/

I also own Assasins Creed Odyssey from Ubisoft, started that game in Stadia, no pop-up as well.

So I have no idea how to link them. I have opened a ticket with Ubisoft as well.

Can you please assist? I purchased this specifically thinking on the advertised crossplay feature and if I can't make it work I'm afraid I'll be asking for a refund.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I don't remember exactly the point at which the login process kicked in, but I definitely had to log in with an Ubi account when I created my agent profile in The Division 2. I was playing on my phone at the time and I distinctly remember it being a PITA using the controller for entering my hella-complex password. I just checked in the Ubisoft Club app on my phone and it does show TD2 being linked with my account - though interestingly it's indicated as the PC version instead of the Stadia one.

Stadia also shows up for me on the Linked Accounts section of https://account.ubisoft.com/.

I know this information doesn't necessarily help you but I just wanted you to know that this should be working. Hopefully Ubisoft; please do let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the reply @codesplice ,

Could it be that I accidentally skipped this step? Is there a way to 'reset' the game in Stadia to get to that step again if that is the case?

Currently waiting for Ubisoft's support to reply on this.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@eduwass I think you can delete your agent profile by pressing the right stick on the main screen which I hope would then provide the option to log in with a Ubi account again, but I haven't tested that myself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hey @eduwass , looks like I was confused and misremembering. My recent frustrating password-entering experience was with getting Doom tied to my Bethesda account, not TD2 attached to my Ubisoft one. (People hate on Stadia's game library but I've got way more games than time to play them!) Sorry for that confusion!

I picked up another Ubisoft title yesterday (The Crew 2) ((what was I just saying about too many games??)) and it automatically associated itself to my Ubisoft account without any action on my part. I guess once you've linked one game on Stadia all the others fall in line automatically. Very nice - once you get one game linked. 

think Ghost Recon was the first Ubisoft game I logged into on Stadia... but that was in December and I'm afraid I just can't remember what the account-linking process looked like. 

Still, it absolutely should be working, but the flow needs to be started from within the game - so it's up to the game developers to implement that. I'm (still) crossing my fingers that Ubisoft support will be able to help you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@eduwass yeah it's possible you skipped it accidentally. I linked AC Odyssey least week with no problems, but you have to do it from Stadia when you start the game. It should have prompted you to link your Ubisoft account. I'm not sure how you can get back to it though. Maybe contact Stadia support. But it seems like if you never linked it it should keep asking you. If it only asks once, that kinda stinks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@codesplice I hope Ubisoft can help him too, but I've found their support to be pretty bad. I asked a question about the recent AC Odyssey patch that was put on all the other platforms. Part of that was the addition of the Ezio Roman Set to the club rewards. But it doesn't show up in Stadia. I don't think they delivered that patch to Stadia. But it's been over a week and they haven't answered me on it. They asked me for screenshots which I sent to show the difference between the club on PC and the club on Stadia. And they never responded after I sent the screenshots.

0 Kudos