cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Arcade stick for Stadia ?

Jump to solution
Hello ! So it was just a random question I thought when I played a little today but.... We know that Stadia support Xbox/PS4/Nswitch controller but that's all right now. There's no support for other gamepad and.... well since we have a free Samurai Showdown, I thought it could be nice to play it with somme Arcade stick, no ?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Are you trying to rip off an actual arcade stick from an arcade cabinet? Plenty of third party companies make arcade sticks (really good ones I might add) for all three of those consoles you mention. They will get detected just as if they were one of those.

If you want one for portability Hori makes FIGHTING STICK mini for the Switch. It's pretty durable and the buttons/stick feel great but the one issue is due to its size and portability, it can move around a little while you play. Sure you could glue it to something or maybe apply velcro to it so it will stick to your pants so you just have it resting in your lap while you play which isn't a big deal but just something to be ware of. It's pretty cheap at around $50.

If you want something bigger and have more money you can grab the Hori RAP.N Hayabusa for PS4. A very solid stick much like the other one but it's larger and has more weight so you can freely lay it on a table or whatever surface without it moving around. This also has a headphone jack so you can voice chat online, don't think the Switch one does.

If you have an Xbox One or maybe want a longer/more classic feeling controller base you can grab the Hori RAP V Kai stick. It's slightly more expensive than the PS4 one but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

I actually hadn't looked at sticks in a good while. Apparently the long V models can be bought both for the PS4 and Switch. You can buy the mini for PS4 and a stick similar to the Hayabusa can be bought for the Xbox.

Check various sites like Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, eBay, etc. to compare prices and find different models.

Other companies make sticks too but I find Hori makes pretty quality stuff. Tons of review videos exist online if you're still curious before dropping some money.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

That's a nice idea, but maybe atm there is not much demand for this. You could anyway though recommend that to the developers of Stadia by sending feedback in the Stadia App.

The idea to also play Mortal Kombat 11 with an arcade stick is a funny impression I have in my mind right now (right next to the imagination-picture of a destroyed lounge). 😃

1 Kudo
Community Member

Are you trying to rip off an actual arcade stick from an arcade cabinet? Plenty of third party companies make arcade sticks (really good ones I might add) for all three of those consoles you mention. They will get detected just as if they were one of those.

If you want one for portability Hori makes FIGHTING STICK mini for the Switch. It's pretty durable and the buttons/stick feel great but the one issue is due to its size and portability, it can move around a little while you play. Sure you could glue it to something or maybe apply velcro to it so it will stick to your pants so you just have it resting in your lap while you play which isn't a big deal but just something to be ware of. It's pretty cheap at around $50.

If you want something bigger and have more money you can grab the Hori RAP.N Hayabusa for PS4. A very solid stick much like the other one but it's larger and has more weight so you can freely lay it on a table or whatever surface without it moving around. This also has a headphone jack so you can voice chat online, don't think the Switch one does.

If you have an Xbox One or maybe want a longer/more classic feeling controller base you can grab the Hori RAP V Kai stick. It's slightly more expensive than the PS4 one but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

I actually hadn't looked at sticks in a good while. Apparently the long V models can be bought both for the PS4 and Switch. You can buy the mini for PS4 and a stick similar to the Hayabusa can be bought for the Xbox.

Check various sites like Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, eBay, etc. to compare prices and find different models.

Other companies make sticks too but I find Hori makes pretty quality stuff. Tons of review videos exist online if you're still curious before dropping some money.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Since Stadia does not support arcade sticks I don't see how this is a solution. Tried 3 Hori and 2 Venom, none of them work.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

There isn't any other option for Chromecast play, but there should be nothing stopping you from using an arcade stick on PC via Chrome.  Almost all of them will work on PC, these days.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Take it from someone who actually tried several arcade sticks to play Samurai Shodown on Stadia (PC) There is no support for arcade sticks, even if they work on other PC games, they do not work on Stadia. unless something changes in the future (which I don't see happening, since there's just one fighting game in the catalogue and no indication there will be another anytime soon) no arcade sticks I use on pc work on Stadia atm.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Stadia supports Hid-compliant devices. For a game to support a certain device the developer has to support that device in development.

0 Kudos