cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Anyone else just have failed experiences with this?

I got in on this system early. I was excited, I figured if anyone could do this correctly it would be Google.  Since the release of Stadia I have been horribly disappointed. I have not had one single experience where the video quality was good, where the game didn't stutter constantly, when my game wasn't forced to shut down because my connection was "unstable" or "not strong enough," yet stadias own test and several other speed tests show my connection at being 30+mbps or 45+mbps. Even when connected to LAN its just terrible.  I was wondering if I am just cursed or if everyone shares this experience.  The only other person I know with this system works for google and cant say enough wonderful things about it. But every time I load a game the experience is just not good. I honestly look at my controller like a $129 paperweight at this point.  Any tips on things I can do to make this experience better? I have stuck to only ethernet to see if that would improve things, I have removed my VPN's and any virtual vpn connections, I have shut down all other streaming or downloading in the house, and still, terrible experience. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

@StaydeaIsAwful My experience has been great and none of the issues you described. But I have fibre right into the house and 200mbps so maybe that is it. That said, I’ve also been fine with two stadias running on just Wi-fi in parallel with friends.

Have you tried reducing the image quality in the app to compensate for you slow internet speeds?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

For me it’s technically brilliant it’s other areas I feel let down and at those speeds you mention even dedicating the line only to stadia which I doubt is the case you going to have hiccups on 1080p, if you put it to 720p for a bit and report the same issues it must be a line quality thing.

0 Kudos
Community Member

And just to add I’m on exact same speed with BT I get 1080p with one device using Netflix which is my partner all the time when the daughter comes home and puts her Netflix on I’m forced down to 720p.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

When I first got Stadia, I had a 45mbps and was running great. Now I have 120 mbps and now, it run great even when other people are streaming videos or downloading

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have a 100mbps connection and so far I have nearly no issues. Always crisp picture. I had problems when the chromecast is connected via WLAN. Other problem was in one room where WLAN is not very strong and the controller stutters from time to time.

You have WLAN? Then disable airtime fairness. That is maybe fair for all devices, but it seems that every connected device gets its time even if it needs it or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So I have seen everyones messages here and basically the answer is, "I dont have a problem because I have 2-3 times the speed that stadia says is needed for smooth 4k operation."  So I think stadia needs to update all their marketing and support information to say, you need 100 mbps or more to have a smooth experience. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So what you are saying is that all of stadia's marketing, demos, advertising, and support information is wrong. That to enjoy 4k smoothly you dont need 45mbps like they have said repeatedly you need 2-3x that speed.  And I understand that, what I dont understand is that why at 45mbps am I getting booted within 5 minutes of playing the game? Shouldnt it keep going even if its blurry or stuttering, why would it repeatedly drop me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

But literally their support page, their speed tester, their marketing materials, their demos, their website all say 4k smoothly at 45mbps. So why should I be experiencing problems?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

0 Kudos