cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Any plans regarding repairs?

I know no platform really offers a controller repair service. But, unlike other games, the Stadia controller is the main piece of hardware. Controllers won't last forever, and the Founder's colors can't be bought again. So I'm wondering if Google has any plan on offering a repair service, considering the controllers cost $69 each already. I suppose if the controller stops working, somebody could always buy a less expensive, compatible controller, but that kind of lessens the experience doesn't it? It would be nice to know that my Founder's controller won't be just a good looking decoration in a few months.

2 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Member

Speaking of controllers, please eventually follow the path of other platforms. Have some game-exclusive controller versions, and add more colors in general. I think the Stadia controller as much as or even more than any other platform, is part of the experience. I'm pretty sure that's how Google intended it. So variety is necessary. Players like a feeling of uniqueness.

1 Kudo
Community Member

It's probably nothing official but I assume they have spare Founders controllers lying around in case people need replacements. Just contact customer support if you have a controller issue. Outside of Founders they probably have an "X amount of time" exchange policy and then beyond that amount of time I assume again they'll charge a small fee for repairs/refurbed replacements.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@mcnichoj I hope so. I actually don't think they'll have a repair service, bacsue it probably isn't worth repairing a $70 item. But at the very least, if they don't have any kind of repair service, I hope they expand the selection once the service is up and running and successful. It would be nice to have a larger selection of colors in the future. But that's not something they would do now, until they see how successful the service is.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Granted Nintendo repairs JoyCons and those probably cost much less than what they actually charge for them.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Of course they're making a profit off joy cons but I don't think it's as big of one as you imagine.  Other than the joystick their quality standards are pretty high and they don't use the run of the mill rumble motors we've had for the last 20 years either.  Not to mention NFC, infrared and stuff that other consoles don't think or care about but it allows Nintendo to do more of their interesting gimmicks which somehow works for them.

------------------
If you want to add me as a friend my Stadia name is the same as my community name.
0 Kudos