cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Any news about racing sim on stadia and wheel support ?

I am really amazed with stadia, it works flawless for me.

but I really want to play some racing sim using my racing wheel, something like project cars, assetto corsa, rfactor...etc

As for now the only racing game is GRID (and is not simulation) and apparently (I've not test it) racing wheels are not supported.

anyone else interested in these features/games?

Tags (1)
11 Kudos
40 Replies
Community Member

I tried my g29 wheel with a chrome plugin. It worked but the deadzone is very **bleep**ty. Stadia really need to make wheels possible. Almost wanted to cancel my subscription and buy f1 on the pc. 

@StadiaTeam do you guys have any information about supporting wheels on stadia?

0 Kudos
Community Member

No news about wheel support at the Stadia connect...

1 Kudo
Community Member

I was half expecting there would be, silly me.

I think I'm going to go the route of picking up a cheap second hand Xbox so I can play F1 2020 with my G920.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yes I expected this to

0 Kudos
Community Member

F12020 without the wheel is just not the same. I bough the game on stadia. The available chrome plugins are not proper working. Please @StadiaTeam update us on when this will be fixed(wheel support).

0 Kudos
Community Member

I don't buy F1 2020 until they're at least one official wheel support

0 Kudos
Community Member

0 Kudos
Community Member

Version 2.32 and still no support for steering wheel, purchased F1 2020 short while ago, to be honest not sure why I bothered as playing this without wheel support is just bonkers. Google you need to get it together and get wheels supported or don't bother selling games that should be played with steering wheel. 

At the point now as to whether stadia is worth the monthly subscription may just stick with Xbox.

The only wheel that I know works is the Serafim R+1, mainly because it's detected as a 360 controller, this works on PC and Android TV. So if you want something that works that won't break the bank this is the only option, just remember it's not as good as the top brands, but it works.:)

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Kev506 do you know if it works on Chromecast? I really need a steering wheel to enjoy F1 properly...

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Matt1  At the moment, until the Chromecast ultra is updated to work with third party controllers, unfortunately that's a no.

See here: https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9578631

This will only work with the app installed on Android TV, Android device or using Chrome browser.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Ah well, thanks any for posting the details. Hopefully they will add it soon...

0 Kudos