cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Any news about racing sim on stadia and wheel support ?

I am really amazed with stadia, it works flawless for me.

but I really want to play some racing sim using my racing wheel, something like project cars, assetto corsa, rfactor...etc

As for now the only racing game is GRID (and is not simulation) and apparently (I've not test it) racing wheels are not supported.

anyone else interested in these features/games?

Tags (1)
8 Kudos
35 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

No news about using peripherals like this on Chromecast but it should work in Chrome, especially if running Chrome under Windows. I haven't got a wheel to try it, though.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Alfa-Omega :

On Chromecast/CCU no peripherals are supported beyond the Stadia controller. 

Running via Chrome on a PC the following peripherals are supported. 

• Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v1
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2.5
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD1
  • Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD2
  • Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel – Officially licensed for PS4™
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4™ (AO)
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel – Officially licensed for PS4™ (AO)
  • Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel PS4 (AO)
  • Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub for Xbox One (AO)
  • Fanatec CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (SQ) (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (SQ) via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (AO)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • Generic Keyboard
  • Generic Keyboard Azerty
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox One Wireless Pad
  • SimSteering
  • SimXperience AccuForce Pro
  • SPEEDLINK Torid Gamepad
  • SPEEDLINK Strike FX Gamepad
  • Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 Advanced mode
  • Thrustmaster TX
  • Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
  • Thrustmaster T-GT
  • Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer
  • Thrustmaster Sparco® P310 (AO)
  • Thrustmaster Sparco® R383 (AO)
  • Thrustmaster RS GT Edition (AO)
  • Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 (AO)
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition (AO)
  • Thrustmaster F1 (AO)
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE (AO)
  • Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT (AO)
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Edition (AO)
  • Thrustmaster 2-Pedal Pedal Set (AO)
  • Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals (AO)
  • Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter (AO)
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter (AO)
  • Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB Adapter (AO)
  • Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco® Mod (AO)
  • Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco® Mod+ (AO)
Kudos appreciated if deserved.
11 Kudos
Community Member

Not working for me, the wheel is not detected at all on farming simulator. Using: -G29 -Chrome Versión 78.0.3904.108. -Linux even the face buttons of the wheel (A,B,X,Y) are not detected
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Alfa-Omega I suspect that Linux support might for peripherals be more limited than Windows....

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Also had issues with gamepad + google-chrome on Linux. Firefox seems to work much better, but Stadia does not work on Firefox. Also, Firefox does not support force feedback/vibration.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I tried using Logitech G29 with Chrome on my laptop (windows) to play GRID and the wheel wasn't recognized. 

@GraceFromGoogle is this configuration expected to work?

0 Kudos
Community Member

ive seen alot of ppl trying the logitech wheels without any succes till now. Havent seen one responding it worked flawlessly. I was really thinking id buy myself a steeringwheel but if it doesnt work that's a 300euro doorstop ainit? I'm wondering why it takes so long for an official comment on this from google. greetz an avid stadia fan (though dissapointed in the communication)

0 Kudos
Community Member

Did you receive any response from google? I am currently trying to connect my thrustmaster t300, but without any success. Google doesn't react on anything besides mentioning that they support HID compliant sterring wheels, which is clearly not the case.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Clement wrote:

Did you receive any response from google? I am currently trying to connect my thrustmaster t300, but without any success. Google doesn't react on anything besides mentioning that they support HID compliant sterring wheels, which is clearly not the case.

Nope, there's no response from Google, I hope they can add wheel support before the f1 2020 launch, I really want to play that game with a wheel on Stadia.

@Compulsion  wrote:

how difficult is it to come up with a wifi-connected wheel so that works with Chromecast? Just asking.

Google can release a USB hub with wifi connection to connect other devices  to the ChromeCast (not only wheels,  other gamepads than the Stadia controller also), so that hub device will connect directly to the servers via wifi like the Stadia controller.

I think that is the more affordable idea.

0 Kudos
Community Member

how difficult is it to come up with a wifi-connected wheel so that works with Chromecast? Just asking.

1 Kudo
Community Member

I can confirm that Logitech G29 wheel don't work in Linux with Chrome. Even is not possible to remap controls in game. Steam Controller also don't work,

1 Kudo
Community Member

Ok, after some "testing" I found something interesting.

First I can confirm that my wheel is detected in the chrome browser (if you want to try, enter in this page: https://html5gamepad.com/) all the buttons and axis of my wheel (logitech G29) are detected.

When I go to Stadia, if I connect a gamepad (other than my wheel) it says "Mando Vinculado" (in english "Gamepad Connected") and if I disconnected the gamepad it says "Vincula un mando" (in english "Connect a gamepad") so Stadia knows that you have disconnected the gamepad and is requesting you to connect it again... the fun part comes with the wheel, if you connect the wheel when you are in the main page of stadia (where all your games are shown) nothing happens, but when you unplug the wheel it says "Vincula un mando" ("Connect a gamepad"), so my guess is that Stadia is detecting the wheel device, but not its input,

1 Kudo
Community Member

I have exactly the same situation. In the https://html5gamepad.com/ , all axis and buttons of my G29 are detected, but only have messages when I unplug it. Someone know where we can found official support?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@leillo1975 wrote:

I have exactly the same situation. In the https://html5gamepad.com/ , all axis and buttons of my G29 are detected, but only have messages when I unplug it. Someone know where we can found official support?

Apparently they are aware of this problem.

They use to put a message like this always when someone ask them for the wheel support:

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1245078487058112512

But the most recent message, when they get asked about wheel support, is this:

https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1250787416157196289

Probably it would be easy for google to make the wheel working with stadia, but I think that the most difficult part is going to implement the forcefeedback feature, because it is not a simple rumble, it is a complex feature.

But as I said before I hope the wheel support will be ready for the F1 2020 launch 🙂

2 Kudos
Community Member

Well, I just finished victorious on a Grid race on highest difficulty, no assists, on a gamepad controller without any ffb or rumble. On wifi. The stadia service does not always run this smooth, but this does proof that it can run smooth enough for a sim racing game to be played on it. Including with ffb wheel.

Currently there are some issues with controller connectivity tho. Sometimes the controls abruptly disobey or disrupt. If wifi is not stable. And this should be fixed before we move on to a more demanding controller. Would be crazy on a ffb wheel. Glitch causes ffb to go max torque, causing coffee to fly all over the room, shortcutting every expensive device and burning the entire universe by accident. Maybe... Who knows. Maybe it will just cause the planet to rotate upside down. Or maybe just whoever the human being that is holding on to that ffb wheel. Just kidding ofcourse.

One time I was resting my head on my ffb wheel waiting for the loading screen, and then I got smacked in the face by it, when the loading finished xD

1 Kudo
Community Member

0 Kudos
Community Member

Looking to get into SIM racing, I am going to wait until F1 2020 is released seeing as it is close and I am really hoping Google will have announced a compatible steering wheel by the time it does.

0 Kudos
Community Member

It is still not clear what OS do you mean when you are taking about "PC". I'm running Linux and still do not see the support from manufacturers like Thrustmaster for their devices. Asked about it, but I think they are too stupid and will loose as reputation as Linux customers. Google is the same big corporation that do not care about people's problem until they fire some management guys.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I know it doesn't have much to do with it, but you know this project:

https://gitlab.com/her0/tmdrv

0 Kudos
Community Member

Spoiler
Spoiler
Have you tried connecting the wheel/pedals to the stadia controller via USB? Just a thought.
0 Kudos
Community Member

Ill buy F1 2020 on Stadia instantly with steering wheel support

2 Kudos
Community Member

@MilleN wrote:

Ill buy F1 2020 on Stadia instantly with steering wheel support

Same for me.

I'll buy the game on release full price only if it have wheel support, if not, I wont buy it or at least I'll wait until a really good sale.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Try the Google extension controlstadia.. it works for me with Thrustmaster T80 and GRID!!!!

0 Kudos
Community Member

@RicRey wrote:

Try the Google extension controlstadia.. it works for me with Thrustmaster T80 and GRID!!!!

That is just an emulation of the joystick using the wheel, the wheel is lifeless, we need a proper support with FFB and everything.

0 Kudos
Community Member

With F1 2020 less than two weeks away are we any closer to knowing whether Stadia will support wheels when it is released?

0 Kudos
Community Member

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hmm yeah that doesn't sound too promising does it.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Looking on the Codemasters forum and they released the full list of compatible steering wheels for F1 2020 on the PS4, XBox One and PC but unfortunately nothing was listed for Stadia so I think that answers our question.

Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I tried my g29 wheel with a chrome plugin. It worked but the deadzone is very **bleep**ty. Stadia really need to make wheels possible. Almost wanted to cancel my subscription and buy f1 on the pc. 

@StadiaTeam do you guys have any information about supporting wheels on stadia?

0 Kudos